We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MailMerge space problem

Hi,

When doing a MailMerge and saving in a .docx format, some of my spaces are erased. It also happends when merging 2 docx together and then performing a MailMerge with the already merge docx.

What I found very strange is that this bug can be reproduce with the sample provided by SyncFusion...

I attached a zip file with a screen shot of the bug reproduced with the sample provided by syncFusion, and my files I used.

About my files, Reso1 and Reso2 are merged into Resos (MergeField <Resolutions>) and then, I perform a second MailMerge to replace the table and some fields (the field in Resos2 is not merged and kept unchanged on purpose). The output file is merged2013.docx, and as you can see there is a LOT a spaces that just vanished...

The mailmerge function I used are Execute() (for merging the Reso files and some others field) and the ExecuteGroup() (for the table)

MailMerge_d0c10603.zip

10 Replies

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team August 22, 2013 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are not able to reproduce the mentioned issue with space preservation between merge fields while Mail Merging using DocIO. For your reference we have attached the sample used in our side to reproduce the issue by merging Word documents “Reso1” and “Reso2” into “Resos” and perform Mail Merge using DocIO. 

Please try the attached sample, if you are not able to reproduce the mentioned issue. Could you please modify the sample to reproduce the mentioned issue and provide us the modified sample for further analysis on our side? So that we can analyze further on the exact cause of the issue and will provide you the proper details on this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Sample_fb6244c7.zip

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON September 17, 2013 07:29 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but the problem is still the same.
I'll try to explain it, and you can reproduce it with the sample you provided.

In your template "Resos.docx" you have this :
Mr «TableStart:Proprietaire1»«Nom1»«Civilite1»

You can see that there is no space between your merge fields, and my main problem is about space bewteen them.

So I took your sample and changed it to this:
Mr «TableStart:Proprietaire1»«Nom1» «Civilite1»

Noticed that now there is space between Nom1 and Civilite1

But, when merge is performed, the result is this:

Mr GAUMONIndividion

Although there is a space between my merge field, in the merged document the space is gone. It happens randomly, sometimes spaces are not shrinked, and sometimes they are.

I did not attached a new sampled because I changed nothing, expect for the space bewteen <Nom1> and <Civilite1>.

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team September 18, 2013 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your update.

Still we are unable to reproduce the mentioned “issue with space preservation between merge fields while Mail Merging” using DocIO. For your reference we have attached a video which shows you the preserved space between the merge fields using previously updated sample. Kindly find the attachment and refer the video.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Sathish

Mail_Merge_Video_8eb3cfd9.zip

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team September 18, 2013 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

Kindly find the video demo from the previous update. If your problem still exists, Please attach your modified template document along with screen shots and your product version information. Thereby we can analyze further and provide you an appropriate solution for this issue.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Sathish

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON September 18, 2013 11:44 AM UTC

Hello,
I saw in your video that you were using word2013, so I tried using your sample under a computer wich got word2013 and then it worked.

I tried to open the files I generated on my computer (I have word 2007) and the files are good under word2013, no space problem. But when I open them with word2007, spaces are gone...

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON September 18, 2013 11:53 AM UTC

I tried to open the document on another computer with word2007 and there were no spaces probleme...

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team September 19, 2013 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

We suspect that this issue might be associated with the MS Word version installed in your system since you have mentioned this issue occurs specific to your test system. Kindly check whether you have installed latest service pack as well for the MS Word version.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Sathish

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON September 23, 2013 07:56 AM UTC

Hi,

I installed the SP3 for MSWord and it worked. Thank you for your help.

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team September 26, 2013 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Jean,

We are glad that our sample meets your requirement. Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Sathish

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team September 26, 2013 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Jean,

Please ignore the previous update.

We are glad that installing MS Word 2007 Service pack 3 rectified the problem. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Sathish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon