We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DocIO with Template

I'd like to use a template when generating my Word document.  I've been using the AttachedTemplate property and setting UpdateStylesOnOpen which works fine.  The issue is that if I email the document to someone else and they don't have the template, then the document will open without the template styles.  If I set UpdateStylesOnOpen to false then the document doesn't use the template styles either.

Any ideas?

4 Replies

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team August 7, 2013 07:42 AM UTC

Hi Blake,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have prepared Windows Store application to illustrate your requirement to copy styles from template to new Word document (Instead of using AttachedTemplate functionality) using DocIO. Please do find the sample from the attachment for your reference. Try the attached sample and let us know if this helps you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Gunasekaran

Sample_3ca93e5f.zip

JM Jack Misiura replied to Gunasekaran T March 27, 2014 12:34 AM UTC

Hi Blake,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have prepared Windows Store application to illustrate your requirement to copy styles from template to new Word document (Instead of using AttachedTemplate functionality) using DocIO. Please do find the sample from the attachment for your reference. Try the attached sample and let us know if this helps you.

Regards,
Gunasekaran

Sample_3ca93e5f.zip

I had a similar question but can't download the sample provided. Keep getting a 403 error whenever I try.

RA Raphael May 4, 2021 06:27 PM UTC

The sample file is not accessible.

HC Hemalatha Chiranjeevulu Syncfusion Team May 5, 2021 04:10 PM UTC

Hi Raphael,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have prepared sample application to copy style from attached template to Word document. Please use the below sample application at your end to copy the styles from attached template to Word document.
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/110384/ze/Sample-300644979

If you still facing issue after using above sample means, could you please share the template document which used at your end. And also Syncfusion product version which used in your application.
Thereby, we will check the feasibilities to achieve your requirement and will share you the more details.

Regards,
Hemalatha C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon