We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl AllowRemove overriding ReadOnly flag

Hi, 

Ran into this issue while testing with the gridgroupingcontrol with the allowremove tag overriding the readonly gridcolumndescriptor. For example, when entering edit mode with the following code it functions as intended, with the SID column greyed out. However, when toggling the AllowRemove flag to True it becomes editable.

Is there a proper way to enable removing rows that i'm missing? Should I be using baritems and parsing those instead?

<syncfusion:GridGroupingControl ID="Testing" runat="server" AutoFormat="Monochrome"
                    EnableCallbacks="False" ShowGroupDropArea="False" DataSourceCachingMode="ViewState" DataMember="DefaultView">
                    <TableDescriptor AllowEdit="true" AllowRemove="false" AllowNew="true">
                        <Columns>
                            <syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="SID" HeaderText="SID" ReadOnly="true"/>
                            <syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="Name" HeaderText="SiteName"/>
                        </Columns>
                    </TableDescriptor>
  </syncfusion:GridGroupingControl>

Also, when I hit enter the update processes but doesn't exit the edit mode even though have set event args as per your examples with:
            e.Cancel = true;
            e.Handled = true;
at the end.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Regards,

4 Replies

MH Matt Holtz July 29, 2013 10:13 PM UTC

Okay figured out the issue to when the control gets rebound it loses it's readonly flag

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team July 30, 2013 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Happy to hear that your issue has been solved.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Eswari S

MH Matt Holtz July 31, 2013 07:13 PM UTC

To assist in those who may run into losing tabledescriptors on setting values to null, the flag you need to set is 
AllowResetTableDescriptorWhenDataSourceSetNull="false"
in the ggc declaration. I missed that and that's what was causing all of my issues.

Cheers

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team August 5, 2013 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Matt,

Happy to hear that you found resolution.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,

Eswari S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon