We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hiding specific Adornments

I've found that loading adornments is very slow- it holds up the UI when setting the chartseries.AdornmentsInfo.Visibility = true. 

In an effort to speed things up, I want to be able to turn on specific adornments... currently the chart loads all adornments even if they are off the edge of the chartarea. This causes a bunch of adornments to load on the edges of the graph and it looks terrible. 

What is the best way to go about only loading adornments which are visible on the range of the primary axis?

3 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 25, 2013 05:56 AM UTC

Hi Marc,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are not able to reproduce the issue and also our Chart Adornments will not be visible outside the PrimaryAxis range. We have prepared a sample with Adornments and please find the sample from the following location

If you still have the problem, please revert us with more information regarding your scenario and your Essential Studio version or a simple sample with replication procedure to reproduce the issue.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Muneesh Kumar G.

ChartSeriesAdornments_364a1f74.zip

MA marc July 25, 2013 12:58 PM UTC

I included a picture of the issue. 

Here's my set up: 

1) I create a new chart series, bound to an observable collection, setting the adornments info:
            ChartSeries series = new ChartSeries(ChartTypes.Spline)
            {
                Name = clientName,
                DataSource = collection,
                Interior = _colors[_meterLoop.Measures.Keys.Count % _colors.Count],
                BindingPathX = "Sample Number", //this doesn't actually bind to anything
                BindingPathsY = new string[] { "Value" },
                AdornmentsInfo = new ChartAdornmentInfo()
                {
                    Symbol = Symbol.Ellipse,
                    SymbolHeight = 8,
                    SymbolWidth = 8,
                    SymbolInterior = _colors[_meterLoop.Measures.Keys.Count % _colors.Count],
                    SegmentLabelContent = LabelContent.LabelContentPath,
                    SegmentLabelFontSize = 0,
                    LabelContentPath = "gibberish" //this is a hack to make it not show a label
                }
            };
            dataChartArea.Series.Add(series);

2) At runtime, the user may choose to display the adornments so they can see exactly where their data is plotted:

foreach (ChartSeries serie in dataChartArea.Series)
            {
                serie.AdornmentsInfo.Visible = true;
            }
3) Then the issue arises...

showAdornments_36244705.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 26, 2013 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Marc,

We are afraid that we are not able to reproduce the issue illustrated in the image. We have prepared a sample with for dynamic updates of  Interval, Range and  ShowAdornments. Please find the sample from the following location.

If you still face the problem please revert us by modifying the attached sample with replication procedure. Also please update the Essential Studio Version,  which will be helpful for us to serve you.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Muneesh Kumar G.

Sample_20fdf90c.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon