We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Window drawing problems and NullReferences

Hi, I''m trying to create new docking windows at run time for my MDI child windows. The difference in my project from the Singleton method provided in the knowledgebase, is that all the docking windows dock to the MDI parent frame. I have almost managed to achieve this, but I''ve had two problems. (A) The docking windows often won''t draw. (I''ve included a picture, and a sample project where it seems to be happening consistantly) (B) I very very occassionally (I can''t reproduce the problem, it just happens) get the following error when creating or activating a new child after having moved the docking windows (effectively in the SetEnableDocking call - but none of the items I pass in are null): An unhandled exception of type ''System.NullReferenceException'' occurred in syncfusion.tools.dll Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (C) Like some other people, I''ve noticed that there is a _lot_ of flickering when a docking window state is restored. Normally its ok, but when two windows are docked side by side, it seems to be an unusually large amount. Is there anything in my code that would be causing this? Thanks, Sue drawing_9877.zip CombineDockingWindows Drawing Problem_7927.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2004 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Sue, Thanks for the screenshot and the sample application. I need some more information here. According to my understanding : 1. You wish to create docking windows at runtime for the MDI child forms. 2. You also wish to save and load docking layout of the MDI child and parent forms. 3. Please refer to your screenshot. The MDI child form now appears as a tabbed MDI. Is a TabbedMDIManager too involved here ? 4. Let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. I would also appreciate if you could open a DirectTrac incident in this regard. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SH Sue Harris February 22, 2004 06:36 PM UTC

>1. You wish to create docking windows at runtime for the MDI child forms. Yes (but they need to dock to the parent form, not the child). >2. You also wish to save and load docking layout of the MDI child and parent forms. Yes >3. Please refer to your screenshot. The MDI child form now appears as a tabbed MDI. Is a TabbedMDIManager too involved here ? No. Just normal forms (using the MDIParent property), and the Docking Manager. The screen shot is from the provided sample. I just switched to the other child which was created. >4. Let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. 2.0.2.0 >I would also appreciate if you could open a DirectTrac incident in this regard. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Ok, I''ll do that. Thanks, Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2004 07:02 PM UTC

Hi Sue, Thanks for the additional information. I will update your incident #9447 on DirectTrac in this regard. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon