We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Groups

There seems to be a lot more documentation for the windows diagram.

Anyway, I have a few questions on groups.

I want to disable the selection.  When I do that using AllowSelect, none of the children in the group is selectable.   I want the children of the group selectable but not the whole group.

I am also trying to figure out how to hide the resize and rotate of the group.  The windows diagram solution doesn't work for the wpf version.  I tried AllowResize = false and AllowRotate=false but it still shows the outline for that.

I inherited the Group class and added a Root Node property that I am setting.  I set that Node when I create the group.  Whenever I move that node, I want the complete group to move as well.  I haven't been able to figure this out.  

Thanks for your help,

Thomas

1 Reply

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team July 22, 2013 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

We suspect that your requirement is, the Selector & Rotator should not be visible for the Group (for example, the group will not be shown visually) and also when we move any individual node in that group, the whole group should be move. Please refer the below suggestions.

1.       To collapse the Selector & Rotator of the Group

We can collapsed the visibility of the Selector & Rotator of the Group by using the below code snippet. Now, the group selection will not be visible.

Code Snippet :

Group grp = new Group();

grp.Loaded += new RoutedEventHandler(grp_Loaded);

void grp_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

Border border = (Border)VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(sender as Group, 0);

Grid grid = (Grid)VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(border, 0);

//Get the reference of Resizer of the Group

Resizer resizer = grid.FindName("PART_Resizer1") as Resizer;

//Collapse the visibility of the Resizer

resizer.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

//Get the reference of Rotator of the Group

Rotator rotator = grid.FindName("PART_Rotator1") as Rotator;

//Collapse the visibility of the Rotator

rotator.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

}

2.       To move the whole group by using the individual child node of the Group.

By default, when we click any child node in the group, first the group will be selected and when we click again any child node in that group then only that individual node will be select. So, in this scenario, single   click on any child node and drag that node, the whole group will be move. (Note : When we single click on the child Node, the group selection will not be visible because the Selector & Rotator of the Group is collapsed). For more information please refer the attached video.

For more information about the group, please refer our online documentation using the below link.

Documentation Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/diagram/default.htm#!Documents/44groups.htm

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

F110099Video_5f86afde.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon