We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to use Ribbon applicationMenu links?

I have been evaluating the Ribbon control and the examples are good for getting started, but I could not find an example that implements navigation using the applicationMenu.

e.g. I want my application menu to contain 3 items, Home, Developer and Exit, and I want them to navigate between pages of the app, so in the ribbon I define these application menus:

.ApplicationMenuText("File").ApplicationMenu(applicationMenu =>
        {
        applicationMenu.Add().Text("Home").ImageUrl("/Images/bullet.png").UrlMapper("/Home");
        applicationMenu.Add().Text("Developer").ImageUrl("/Images/bullet.png").UrlMapper("/Developer");
        applicationMenu.Add().Text("Exit").ImageUrl("/Images/bullet.png").UrlMapper("/Exit");
        })

I assume UrlMapper is used to control the link, since the applicationMenu does not have a ClientSideOnClick method, but when I look at the source, there is no mention of the url in the menu.

I even tried to put straight html in the text like below, but jquery seems to block the event.

applicationMenu.Add().Text("<a rel='nofollow' href='/Home'>Home</a>").ImageUrl("/Images/bullet.png");

Can someone please provide an example of how to use the Ribbon applicationMenu?

Regards, Laszlo

2 Replies

LB Laszlo Boross July 18, 2013 04:27 AM UTC

Bump.

I still can't get this working, has anyone had success with the Ribbon Application Menu?

SP Sunil Prabakar C Syncfusion Team July 25, 2013 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for your patience.

Kindly refer the direct trac incident: 110954 for more information. Kindly follow up the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents/110954

Regards
Sunil Prabakar C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon