We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfTextBoxExt loading async data from database

I'm trying to use the SfTextBoxExt  control but it does not work like I think it should.

It seems that it only want a "static" list in AutoCompleteSource but what I want to do is to fill that list with data that comes back from the database using the characters that the user is entering.

What would be good is 2 things, a way to asynchronically load that list and also a way to tell the control to wait a couple of millisecond before triggering the event and maybe have a minimum number of characters before triggering the event.

I've included a version of the sample Autocomplete code, it kind of work but not all the time.

Any thoughts?

AutoComplete_bbc15fd1.zip

1 Reply

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team July 17, 2013 12:32 AM UTC

Hi Gene,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Query 1 : Make the control to wait a couple of millisecond before triggering the event

The PopupDelay property of TextBoxExt can be used to achieve the requirement of making the control to wait a couple of seconds before triggering the event.

Query 2 : Minimum number of characters before triggering the event.

The MinimumPrefixCharacters property of TextBoxExt can be used to achieve the requirement of minimum number of characters before triggering the event.

For more details about the TextBoxExt properties usage, please refer the following link,

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/winrt/default.htm#!Documents/autocomplete.htm

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Mageshyadav.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon