We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to use Syncfusion dlls in Coded UI VS2012

Hi,

I got one  windows based application in which there's one grid which is hidden or not enabled , I have the dlls but i don't know how do i can use those dlls in my coded UI C# script so that the test builder tool will identify the grid and fetch it's properties.

Thanks

11 Replies

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team July 11, 2013 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Anuradha,
Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

· Supports CodedUI test in the Grid internally (just enable a boolean property named ‘AccessibiltyEnabled)’.
· supports testing without any external plugins and will return the control’s Generic property in the TestBuilder.
Custom Cell Properties
If you need to access the cell’s custom properties then it can be achieved by using external plugins as described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh552522.aspx
The explanation for successful coded UI is given under the follwing UG links. please refer it.
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/grid/default.htm#!Documents/testingtheapplicatio.htm
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/grid/default.htm#!Documents/inbuiltcodeduisuppor.htm
These plugins allows to return any number of properties of the control which we allowed in the property providers, and currently it returns more than 100 properties for a grid cell. This plugins will work only in Framework 4.0 and in Ultimate or Premium version of VS2010.
please let me know the Essential studio product version you are currently using.
Regards,
Arun.

DE Devatha July 12, 2013 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Arun,

Please find the product details mentioned below;
VS2012 Ultimate
Syncfusion dll version : 4.302.0.30
One more thing i would like to mention here is that i don't have nay access to the main application code, i am supposed to test the grid(which i have attached) values which i am not able to identify. The test builder tool is not able to get in there.
Therefore i request you to help me how do i can use the Syncfusion grid dlls to access the grid properties with the help of test builder tool .
what do i am supposed to write in my test scripts to make the dlls work, so that the coded ui test builder tool can identify the grid and fetch it's properties.
Thanks & Best Regards

grid_3e0ad945.rar

DE Devatha July 15, 2013 11:20 AM UTC

Hi,

Someone please reply to my post .

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team July 16, 2013 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Devatha,
Sorry for the delay.
It seems you are using an old version of syncfusion assemblies. we have provided inbuild support for coded UI after version 9.4 please migrate to our newer version for getting the codedui tested successfully. We are glad to let you know that our Essential studio 11.2.0.25 version had been released successfully.
Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Arun.

DE Devatha July 16, 2013 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Arun,
Thanks for the reply.
My first question is that if i have to make my application grid enable , is there anyway i can do that with the old version dlls.
If not then how do i can get the dlls of newer version.

Regards

DE Devatha July 16, 2013 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Arun,
Thanks for the reply.
My first question is that if i have to make my application grid enable , is there anyway i can do that with the old version dlls.
If not then how do i can get the dlls of newer version.

Regards

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team July 18, 2013 04:43 PM UTC

Hi Devatha,

Thanks for the update.

You could migrate to our latest version 11.2.0.25 where the coded UI is internally supported. The latest version dlls can be downloaded from the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/version-history

Regards,

Arun.

DE Devatha July 22, 2013 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Arun,

Thank you for the reply.
I got one more question to ask.
After getting the new version dlls how do i can use those dlls to make the control enable.
Like i have mentioned earlier would like to mention again
I have to test a windows based application using the coded UI test Builder Automation Tool of VS2012.
The Test Builder tool is unable to identify the grid on the form.
How do i can use the Syncfusion dlls in VS so that the test builder tool will identify the grid and display it's properties.

Thank You & Regards

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team July 29, 2013 03:46 AM UTC

Hi Devatha,

Thanks for the update.

Sorry for the delay. We have provided two UG links for successful testing of coded ui in one of your prior update.

ttp://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/grid/default.htm#!Documents/testingtheapplicatio.htm

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/grid/default.htm#!Documents/inbuiltcodeduisuppor.htm

Please make use of it after your migration, and if you have further concerns over successful testing then create an direct trac incident we will provide basic sample help in that.

Regards,

Arun.

DE Devatha August 7, 2013 02:35 PM UTC

Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot.
It worked after upgradation.

Regards

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team August 12, 2013 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Devatha,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that the reported issue is solved in your side. Please create an new direct-trac incident for any of your new inquiries.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon