We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Confusion about NestedGrid

Hi,

I am developing an WPF application (C#) with the nestedgrid using Syncfusion version 10.2.
    When I changed the column of nestedgrid to different type of celltype, for example, checkbox, I found it hard to click. It often needed me to click twice to check/uncheck the checkbox.
    Besides that I found the data binding of nestedgrid cell to field was not good. It seemed that unless the cell lost its focus, then the source could be updated. Otherwise, the source stayed unchanged.
    I made the experiment on the sample (nestedgrid in VS 2010), and the issues occur as well. 
    Can you please give me a solution to that? Better with a simple sample. Many thanks to your attention and efforts.

3 Replies

MA MaxLu July 6, 2013 01:08 AM UTC

Hi, some more details:

1. The UpdateSourceTrigger has been set PropertyChanged.
2. In a normal grid, the data binding is fine. It does not work in nested grid. I set a button  outside the grid to delete the save/delete the data in grid. If in a nested grid, when I finished editing the cell and clicked the button, the changes in the last cell I edited would not in the datacontext of that row. That means I changed the UI, but cannot save the data. I wonder if it is about the focus.

Thanks for your time. It is urgent so that I am very looking forward to your solutions.

MA MaxLu July 6, 2013 01:12 AM UTC

Sorry for the mistakes

I set a button  outside the grid to delete the save/delete the data in grid. 
Should be
I set a button  outside the grid to save/delete the data in grid.

GA Gobinath A Syncfusion Team September 6, 2013 03:26 AM UTC

Hi Maxlu,

Sorry for the delay to getting back to you.

We have analyzed your query and we implemented in following requirement in the attached sample.

1.       Different Celltype in NestedGrid.

2.       Implemented INotyfyPropertyChanged in Nested Grid for notify the underlying collection while changing the value from the grid.

3.       Change the Nested ItemSource when click the button.

Please find the sample under the following location.

Sample: NestedWithObserveCollection.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Gobinath A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon