We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hide the gaps when we hidden some fields in the Form.

Please suggest me a good approach to my following problem.
I have attached a sample of screens in my project in which how my controls are arranged in the tabs of the specified document.
 The controls in the document are arranged properly in the form before not hiding any of the field. But when we hide the field the gap should be automatically filled

I have used 'GridLayout', 'FlowLayout' , 'GridBagLayout' controls to perform this task. but in all of these controls it will work only when the controls are arranged 

horizontally or vertically by taking all the controls are in a sequential order. (i.e not taking side by side as like our requirement)
But in my project all the controls are divided based on the type of information which we are giving. 
And in some cases in a single form it may have more group boxes and specifically in that group box many controls (as shown in attachments) and in some cases with a grid controls also.

Now if I hide any of the control in side the group box or outside the group box or in any of the case, the field should be hidden and the space for that field should be filled by below controls i.e it should not be empty space where we hide the fields. 
Please suggest me any good control to hide the gap and shift the positions of below controls to its above control position.

syncfusion_302ff580.rar

5 Replies

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team July 8, 2013 04:47 AM UTC

Hi Saikrishna,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the delay. We have analyzed the reported query in our end. I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue in our end. Please use the below code to fill the grid in client area. This will may avoid the gap between the grid.

this.gridControl1.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;

Please refer the below sample file from below patch. We hope this will resolve all your required information.

<Installed_Path>\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\<version>\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\MS Excel-Style Features\Workbook Demo\

Please provide the sample which is reproduce the issue in your end. This will help me to find the exact solution.

Regards,

Vinish.

SA Saikrishna July 10, 2013 03:43 AM UTC

Hi Vinish Kumar K.
Thanks for you reply. 
I have attached the zip file which contains a sample application in which case my requirement is raised.
Please go through the word document inside the zip file which contains the information regarding the application and steps to produce the issue.

Please review my requirement and suggest me a good solution.

HiddenFieldGapFilling_4a90ee5b.zip

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team July 16, 2013 03:45 AM UTC

Hi SaiKrishna

Thank you for your update,

Currently we are working on this query to provide the solution, we will update the details to you  on July 17, 2013.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,
vinish K

SA Saikrishna July 22, 2013 05:28 PM UTC

Hi Vinish Kumar K 
I was waiting for your reply from the last 5 days. 
Please try to respond back as soon as possible as I am eagerly waiting for your response.

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team July 29, 2013 06:37 AM UTC

Hi Saikrishna,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with delay.

We have analyzed the reported forum query in our end. The provided sample file is very helpful for the further analysis. From your word document you have requested to change the position of the visible controls in tab page. You can change the control position by location. You need to check the location manually and assign this new location to control. Please refer the below code.

this.groupBox1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(4, 22);

if you have any concerns on this please  provide the screenshot as the requirement details in this we will update the exact solution for you.

Regards,

Vinish K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon