We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sample Project not working

Hello,

I have installed the latest version of Syncfusion. However when I try to compile and run the sample included (samplebrowser) it gives me the following error:

Error 349 Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. Another user has already installed an unpackaged version of this app. The current user cannot replace this with a packaged version. The conflicting package is SyncfusionInc.SyncfusionEssentialStudioforWinRTXAM and it was published by CN=jawahars. (0x80073cf9) SampleBrowser

Any help is appreciated

V/r

Alberto

3 Replies

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team July 3, 2013 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Alberto,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The reported issue occurs while deploying the package which is installed by different user (where more than one user shares the same app) since we can't re-deploy an WinRT app with the same package identity if it is already installed by a different user.

Hence open the samplebrowser manifest and modify the package identity in package tab and run the samplebrowser. 

Please find the reference links regarding solution for this type of issue scenario,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/e5cd8997-d175-49f0-830e-78788ddd2a6b/error-dep0700-when-trying-to-run-a-sample-c-splitapplication

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Vignesh V

GB Gustav Brock January 18, 2014 11:18 AM UTC

This is an issue you should address.

If you are not an admin of the workstation, you have to run the installer as Admin. No problem.

However, WinRT Samples project is not installed to the user's AppData folder but to that of the admin account to which the user usually is not granted rights.

I'm the only user - the admin account is only for administration(!) - so, please, what is the recommended method to solve this - also for future projects.

I can go to Package.appmanifest and select tab Packaging, but no "Identity" is found here.

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team January 22, 2014 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Gustav Brock,

The reported issue occurs due to its a default behavior from the Microsoft app package, while deploying the package which is installed by different user (where more than one user shares the same app) since we can't re-deploy an WinRT app with the same package identity if it is already installed by a different user.

Hence open the samplebrowser manifest and modify the package identity in package tab and run the samplebrowser. 

Please find the reference links regarding solution for this type of issue scenario,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/e5cd8997-d175-49f0-830e-78788ddd2a6b/error-dep0700-when-trying-to-run-a-sample-c-splitapplication

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Suresh B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon