We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Event after Filter (e.g. via GridExcelFilter) is applied ?

Hello,

is there an event AFTER the filter is applied?

I've tested

grid1.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Changed += RecordFilters_Changed

but it wasn't fired after all the data was filtered, but before.

13 Replies

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team July 1, 2013 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your interested in Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed the reported issue in our current version 11.2.0.21. and RecordFilter.Changed event is fires after the data is filtered and please provide the sample file which is reproduce the issue in your end and please provide the Syncfusion essential studio version details which is you have used. This will help me to provide proper response for the reported issue.

Please refer the attached sample file for further reference.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vinish.

CS_7bf508b1.zip

ML Markus Loibl July 1, 2013 05:14 PM UTC

Hi,

thanks for your sample.

However if I change GridOffice2007Filter to GridExcelFilter it doesn't work any more: the event isn't thrown any more

CS1096312_1c8e5bdb.zip

ML Markus Loibl July 1, 2013 05:24 PM UTC

The Problem with GridOffice2007Filter  is that it is too slow sometimes

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team July 8, 2013 03:16 AM UTC

Hi Markus Loibl,

Thank you for your update.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with delay. The office2007  filter is slow while loading the large data set. So that we have implement the Excel filter in our source, so we have suggested you to use the GridExcelFilter in  your application. It provide the all filter option like excel.

Please let me know if you need any help regarding excel filter, we will provide solution for this.

Regards,

Vinish K.

ML Markus Loibl July 9, 2013 07:34 PM UTC

Please download the sample from me, two Posts before this or so. The events are not fired!

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team July 16, 2013 03:44 AM UTC

Hi Markus Loibl,

Thank you for your update,

Currently we are working on this query to provide the solution, we will update the details to you  on July 17, 2013.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,
vinish K

ML Markus Loibl August 18, 2013 05:33 PM UTC

Any news?

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team August 22, 2013 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Markus

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Query

Event in GridExcellike filter

We have analyzed the reported issue in our end. We have implemented the two new event to fire as per your requirement in GridExcelFilter.

Please use the following event instead of recordFilter.Changed event.

filter.RecordFiltersItemChanged += new Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventHandler(filter_RecordFiltersItemChanged);

filter.RecordFiltersItemChanging += new Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventHandler(filter_RecordFiltersItemChanging);             

please let me know if you have any concerns. We will provide the proper details asap.

Thanks

Vinish K

ML Markus Loibl August 27, 2013 08:47 AM UTC

Sorry, it does not work as expected.  I still use version 11.2040.0.25, is that ok?

• Clearing the filter doesn't throw any of these Events
  • The Event is coming too early.
    I use this function:
        var filtered = gridGroupingControlRestaurants.Table.FilteredRecords;
    The result DataTable is still the one as BEFORE the filter was changed!
    What I need is the ACTUAL DataTable!

Markus

ML Markus Loibl August 27, 2013 12:40 PM UTC

I extended and simplified your sample. See the attachment.

step1.png shows setting a filter.
step2.png Shows the wrong result within the Events: 2 elements are in the grid, 20 are counted !!

filterSample_22a0ef89.zip

ML Markus Loibl August 27, 2013 07:01 PM UTC

Another modification (and workaround?):

If the events you describe each starts a timer, and handling this timers' dowork-event, then I get the correct results.
I think ist because then all grid-internal work is done ...

FilterProblem2_51a88b9a.zip

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team September 3, 2013 04:28 AM UTC

Hi

We have analyzed the reported query with provided information, this will help us to know more details about your actual issue, already we have suggested some other events based on our internal grid architecture.

So please handle the code which is provided along with your solution to get better solution.

We will analyze the provided information with internal source and we will provide if it is possible to move the changes internally.

Regards,
Vinish K

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team September 3, 2013 04:28 AM UTC

Hi

We have analyzed the reported query with provided information, this will help us to know more details about your actual issue, already we have suggested some other events based on our internal grid architecture.

So please handle the code which is provided along with your solution to get better solution.

We will analyze the provided information with internal source and we will provide if it is possible to move the changes internally.

Regards,
Vinish K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon