We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Provide list of filter items for GridGroupingControl with paging

I am using the GridGroupingControl with DataSourceCachingMode set to "None" PostBackOnFocusedChanged set to True and PostBackOnRowDblClick set to true.  I am handling the OnDemandDataSourceLoad and the OnDemandTotalRowCount events and my paging is working properly and I want to implement/add filtering functionality.

My problem is that since I am paging, when the list of items for the column is displayed (when the filter dropdown for a column is clicked) that only items in the current page of data is displayed.  In other words, if I have 14 rows in the entire data set and the first 12 are shown on the first page of data and the last 2 are shown on the second (last) page then the list of filterable items on the last page only show information from records on the last page - no "filter items" are shown from the first page.

Is it possible to get the list of items (or provide a list of items) that appear in the dropdown for each filterable column or is there an event I can handle like the OnDemandDataSourceLoad or OnDemandTotalRowCount events to supply the list of items that appear in the dropdown list for each column?

1 Reply

SS Satheeskumar S Syncfusion Team June 19, 2013 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Neal,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have logged this [Filtering with OnDemandPaging] as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. Please check back on our website periodically for further updates

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Satheeskumar. S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon