We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfDatePicker and null date

Hi,

I have an SfDatePicker which is bound (two-way) to a 'DateTime?' variable which is set to 'null'.

In version 11.0.21 this worked fine and the field displayed as a blank date, but since upgrading to 11.0.25 it has stopped working and crashes with a NullReference exception in the FormatValue method. Has something changed here?

10 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team June 10, 2013 01:15 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are able to reproduce the reported crash issue in DatePicker and we will resolve this issue in our upcoming service pack release.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

WI winphone June 17, 2013 06:23 PM UTC

Need to stable your application across time , then using third party components like syncfusion is not a good choice, not good for a quick works. Here all will work at some times but not all times my bitter worst experience.

Regards,
WinDev

NA Naweed Akram June 19, 2013 04:59 AM UTC

Hi,

I am facing the exact same problem. Earlier, the following code used to work just fine. Now, it doesn't. I get error in XAML as well (in the Value property)

My code:

<syncfusion:SfDatePicker Grid.Row="3"
    Value="{Binding DueAt, Mode=TwoWay}"
    Style="{StaticResource SFDatePickerStyle}"
    AccentBrush="{StaticResource AccentBrush}">
<syncfusion:SfDatePicker.SelectorStyle>
    <Style TargetType="syncfusion:SfDateSelector">
        <Setter Property="BorderThickness" Value="2" />
        <Setter Property="BorderBrush" Value="{StaticResource AccentBrush}" />
    </Style>
</syncfusion:SfDatePicker.SelectorStyle>
</syncfusion:SfDatePicker>

And the ViewModel:

private DateTime? dueAt;
public DateTime? DueAt
{
    get
    {
           return dueAt;
    }
    set
    {
           Set("DueAt", ref dueAt, value);
    }
}        

NA Naweed Akram June 19, 2013 05:01 AM UTC

When is the service pack expected. I have an app to release soon. Also hoping that it will not break other functionality like sfTextBox, Validation and DocIO, which I am using in my app.

NM Nicky Mogensen June 19, 2013 10:10 AM UTC

They wrote one week to me today in an incident report. So hopefully :)

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team June 20, 2013 01:05 AM UTC

Hi WinDev,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have taken steps to avoid this breaking issues in our future releases and this issues will be resolved in our upcoming Service pack release.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Mageshyadav.M

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team June 20, 2013 01:09 AM UTC

Hi Naweed,

We have planned to rollout our Service pack release on or before end of this month June 2013.

Please let us know in case of any queries.

Regards,

Mageshyadav.M

NA Naweed Akram June 20, 2013 03:42 AM UTC

Thanks.

However, in the meanwhile, can I get one release prior to the current one. I was using that earlier, and the app was working fine with it. I think I will need to release my app in next 2-3 days. I cannot find link to the prior version on your website.

Regards

Naweed

NM Nicky Mogensen June 24, 2013 10:15 AM UTC

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team June 24, 2013 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Naweed,

You can download our previous version 11.1.0.21 from the below link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/version-history/11_1_0_21

Due to a server failure at one of our hosting sites, the files in the above link provided were not available for past two weeks. Now the files has been recovered and you can download it.

This reported issue fix will be available in our upcoming service pack release and we will update you once the service pack release is rolled out.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon