We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to Set zooming property on a chart

I apologize if this question has been asked before, I could not find the answer. The application I am working on, generates a chart using Syncfusion.Wundows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl object. This chart is essentially a 2-D plot with X and Y axis representing a series of data points. When the number of data points is fairly large, the representation of these points (cells) become smaller and smaller. I was hoping to enable the zoom properties (EnableXZooming = true, and EnableYZooming  = true) so that the user would have the option of zooming in on the chart to see a larger representation of the datapoints/results. However, even after setting these properties to true (MouseAction = Zooming,  MinZoomiFactorX = 0.01), scrolling on the mouse does not zoom in on the chart. Are there additional properties that need to be set or am I misunderstanding the intent of the zoom property. 

Not sure if this is relevant, but the chart is contained within System.Windows.Forms.UserControl object. Another option would be to set a minimum cell size for the data points, and the dimensions of the chart to be set based on those dimensions. I would prefer the first option as it seems like it should be simpler. Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Leo 

2 Replies

LR Leo Rakita June 4, 2013 08:27 PM UTC

Attached below is an image with an example of what I was referring to earlier, when the number of data points is large and the cells are shrunk. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Leo

Vertical saturation_9822485c.zip

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team June 17, 2013 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Leo,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue reported in your query. We have created a simple sample and test with chart "ZoomingAction" it is working fine in our end. we have created a sample based on your requirement with large points and Enable the "Zooming Actions". Zooming Scroll bar is used to just view the hide area of chart in both horizontal and vertical position.

Please download the sample from the link below here.

For more details regarding Zooming Action please refer our online document from the following link.
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/chart/Documents/491zoomingandscrolling.htm

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Bharathiraja K.

ZoomAction_7e0b9c5e.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon