We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Find Text in a Docx file

I would like to perform a find on the contents of a document.

I would like to receive a count of how many matches there are based on a find.

I would like to be able to search trough the document and get the page /row/column where each result is located in the document.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Larry

www.TinyTapapps.com

1 Reply

MT Mutheeswaran T Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Larry,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have prepared a sample illustrate your requirement to find text in the given document using DocIO. Please do find the sample from the attachment.

Word document is a flow document where MS Word dynamically layouts the document contents and renders it. Currently DocIO have support to get contents preserved in the particular section, table, paragraph and textbox. Hence we don’t have support to get the particular page contents from the word document using DocIO. Please refer the below UG link for more details on class diagram of DocIO object model.

UG link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/docio/default.htm#!documents/classdiagram.htm

Kindly provide us the sample/code snippet along with the input template document which illustrates your exact requirement to get the row/column where the each result is located, so that we can further analyze and update you with the appropriate details.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mutheeswaran

Sample_de926d65.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon