We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid renders with style="visibility:hidden" attribute

Hello,
What am I doing wrong?

This is my view code:
@using Primoartis.Frontend.WebClient.Models.Sponsor
@model IEnumerable<SponsorListItemModel>
@{
    ViewBag.Title = Translations.View_Sponsor_List_PageTitle;
    Layout = "~/Views/Shared/_TopMenuLayout.cshtml";
}

@(Html.Syncfusion()
    .Grid<SponsorListItemModel>("SponsorsGrid")
    .Datasource(Model)
    .Column(columns =>
        {
            columns.Add(sponsor => sponsor.Id).HeaderText(Translations.View_Sponsor_List_Grid_ColumnIdHeader);
            columns.Add(sponsor => sponsor.Name).HeaderText(Translations.View_Sponsor_List_Grid_ColumnNameHeader);
            columns.Add(sponsor => sponsor.Address.Locality).HeaderText(Translations.View_Sponsor_List_Grid_ColumnLocalityHeader);
            columns.Add(sponsor => sponsor.Address.PostalCode).HeaderText(Translations.View_Sponsor_List_Grid_ColumnPostalCodeHeader);
            columns.Add(sponsor => sponsor.Address.PlacementFullName).HeaderText(Translations.View_Sponsor_List_Grid_ColumnPlacementFullNameHeader);
            columns.Add(sponsor => sponsor.NIP).HeaderText(Translations.View_Sponsor_List_Grid_ColumnNIPHeader);
            columns.Add(sponsor => sponsor.REGON).HeaderText(Translations.View_Sponsor_List_Grid_ColumnREGONHeader);
        })   
)

Ant my controller code:
public ActionResult List()
        {
            var dataContracts = Service.List().Collection;
            var listItemsModel =
                dataContracts.Select(dataContract => Mapper.Map(dataContract, new SponsorListItemModel()));

return View(listItemsModel);
        }

But my view renders the grid with hidden attribute. After forcing the browser to show grid, it is properly diplayed, but has some weird column before my first defined column

error_22bd247c.zip

4 Replies

AN anil June 5, 2013 09:40 AM UTC

I am experiencing same problem with the latest trial version (11.2440.0.25). 
All settings in web.config are pointing to the version I mentioned above. I can see the html generated for the grid. But the visibility: hidden is driving me crazy. I tried many different settings but none of them worked. I have attached the screenshots for the code I am using. I had to take screenshots because I am working in remote environment. 
1. Please let me know if you have any solution for it?
2. Do you provide source code and pdb files to debug your controls?

Thanks
Anil

sshot327_59b3d172.zip

SS Satheeskumar S Syncfusion Team June 6, 2013 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce this issue with the given information. We are not able to download your sample in the first update because of server problem. I have created a sample based on your screen shots in the second update. Could you use that sample and reproduce the error if any. However you please upload your file from first update again and send us in your next update.For your convenience we have attached a sample Please try this sample and get back to us with more information, so that we can analyze that and provide the better solution.

Let us know if you have queries.

Regards,

Satheeskumar S

task1visiblity_4d695217.zip

FC Frank Carr August 16, 2013 05:40 PM UTC

I am having the same issue.

I was able to duplicate the problem using your task1visiblity_4d695217 project. The problem is associated with the version of JQuery being used. In the original project, version 1.7.1 is used and the grid works correctly and is visible. However, if this is swapped out with a 2.x version of JQuery, the visibility:hidden attribute appears plus there are multiple JS errors in IE9.

Syncfusion should make it clear which versions of JQuery are compatible with their controls and what, if anything, is being done to improve the level of compatibility.  

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team August 21, 2013 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your update.

We don't have full support of jquery version 2.x in our current implementation so we suggest you to use jquery migrate along with jquery version 2.x to resolve your issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon