We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disable the item in dropdownlist

Is there any properties to disable the item in the dropdownlist?
Also, is there any separator property?
For example, the below data should get populated in the dropdownlist.

Items as follows:

selected Item
-------------------------
A
A : 1
A : 1 : 2
--------------------------
Add New items 

Does syncfusion has any custom controls like this?

5 Replies

ME Meena Syncfusion Team June 3, 2013 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Murugan,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion forums.

Before starting to provide you solution, we would like to know some more details about your requirement.

Could you please let us know whether your requirement is display to the dropdownlist with multiple columns ( “A”, “1”, “2” as per the information provided) ? If so, kindly refer the below online sample link which depicts the behavior of MultiColumnDropdown,

http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/ui/tools/MultiColumnDropDown/BasicCustomization

Kindly have a look at the above sample link and let us know if it helps. If you feel that your requirement is not met or if we have misunderstood your query, kindly provide more details on your requirement. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Meena

MU Murugan June 4, 2013 02:41 AM UTC

Hi Meena,

Thank you for your response.

First of all, I am not looking for the multi-column drop down. The data which I provided is the sample. In the real-time, we would manipulate the strings in the model level such as parent-child relationship. so, no need to worry about the data.

The following items should be listed in the dropdown along with separator.

-------------- Separator Item

A   - Item

A : 1 - Item

A : 1 : 2 - Item

--------------- Separator Item

Add new Item?

I would like to add the separator in the dropdown along with other items and want to disable the separator which mean the separator item should not available for user selection.

Is there any properties for separator items to add / insert into the collection and disable the separator?

I hope the above steps are clear for you. If not, please let me know.

Have attached the sample dropdown.

Thanks,

Murugan

dropdownexample_a4976924.zip

ME Meena Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Murugan,

Thanks for the update.

As part of our commitment to providing high-performance hosting services, a maintenance has been planned on our network and server equipment on June 3rd, 2013. During this period, we will not be able to download certain files from our website. So, we request you to send your last attachment files to support@syncfusion.com , which would be helpful for us to download and analyze your problem.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this maintenance may have caused you. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance. We will let you know as soon as the maintenance is completed.

Regards,

Meena

MU Murugan June 5, 2013 09:31 PM UTC

Hi Meena,

Yesterday, I have sent an email with attachment to the support email id.

Could you please have a look and update me?

I have attached here too.

Regards,
Murugan

dropdownexample_90ef1c50.zip

ME Meena Syncfusion Team June 6, 2013 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Murugan,

Thanks for the update.

Your requirement of adding items and separate them using separators can be achieved using template. Since the feature “Template support with separators” isn’t available in our GenericDropdown control, we consider this to be a feature request. It will help us to implement the feature in line with your requirement, if you can confirm some specific details regarding the requirement.

If our above definition of this feature is different from your requirement then share the specific details with us—so that we can work towards fulfilling your requirements.

Regards,

Meena

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon