We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager with tabbed items docked to Bottom

I'm trying to achieve a visual studio style look except I don't need multiple documents to be tabbed in the main area.  I need to have multiple documents tabbed in the bottom area instead that will act as detail panes.  I'm not sure how to achieve this.  All I see in the examples are ways to get multiple documents to be tabbed in the main (full) area.  How can you tell multiple items to be docked to the bottom and given the tabbed look?

Thanks,
-jeff

2 Replies

JV Jeff Voigt May 28, 2013 08:31 PM UTC

To be more clear I'm trying to figure out the correct XAML for the following controls using the DockingManager (Navigation, Detail 1 2 & 3)

http://prntscr.com/1750xe

Thanks,
- jeff

MM Muthalagu M Syncfusion Team May 30, 2013 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Currently it is not possible to place the document pane window at bottom side like tabbed windows in Docking Manager by directly, but it is possible by some workaround.

We have prepared a work around sample for your requirement and you can download the sample from the attachment.

In this sample, we have placed one dock window at top (By SideInDockMode="Top") with NoHeader value is true. If NoHeader values is true for particular element means, then nothing is displayed in the header position and it is looking like an empty window. By this, the document pane automatically moved to bottom position and it looks as tabbed window.

Please let us know in case of any queries.

Regards,

Muthalagu.

BottomDocumentPaneInDockingManager_7882dbdf.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon