We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfChart: change interval and update immediatly

Hello,
I'm using the SfChart to plot some data, but only the last view seconds. To do so I set the minimum and maximum property of a DateTimeAxis.
When the minimum and maximum is change the chart does not change until the next data value is added. Is it possible to force the chart to redraw itself?

Thank you

7 Replies

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team May 20, 2013 11:38 AM UTC

Dear Customer,

Thanks for using products.

We have analyzed the reported issue. We have confirmed that issue with “Dynamically not changing the Minimum and Maximum value” as defect. We have logged a defect report. The fix for this issue is estimated to be available in our upcoming release. 

And we are glad to inform you that we have workaround to achieve your requirement. You can download the sample in the following location.

Please let us know if you have require any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Karthikeyan V.

SfChartDatetimeInterval_14b4f51a.zip

P. p.b. May 27, 2013 12:09 PM UTC

Thank you for the answer. The work around works partially as the change interval method is called very rapidly and I'm not able to click a button anymore (3 charts, a timer with interval set to 1ms adds data. The actual timerinterval is a little slower)
Are there any other methods?

P. p.b. May 27, 2013 03:44 PM UTC

addition:
when using itemsSource = some ObservableCollection, which already contains elements, then those are not plotted. Any way to plot them anyway?

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team May 30, 2013 01:32 PM UTC

Dear Customer,

Thanks for the update.

We have analyzed the reported queries. You can change the minimum and maximum value dynamically, when before adding data in series. Also series items source changed adding data dynamically in observable collection.

Note : previous provided sample, we are used to List of collection. So we are not able to change the List of collection dynamically.

We have prepared the sample based on your requirement. You can download the sample in the following location.

Please let us know if you have require any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Karthikeyan V.

SfChartDatetimeInterval1_b4421c75.zip

P. p.b. June 3, 2013 08:02 AM UTC

Dear Karthikeyan V.,
The server that holds the file seems to be offline (files2.syncfusion.com), it gets resolved to 66.135.59.51 but the server does not respond.
Furthermore I am sorry to say that I have a problem understanding your english.
If I understand the first paragraph correctly it tells me that I first have to change the min/max and then add data. My question in the first post was about changing it without the need of adding new data, I am aware that it can be changed and is plotted the right way when new data is added.
Please excuse, but I was not able to understand the second sentence of the first paragraph.

Is a "List of collection" a List<ObservableCollection>? Or just ObservableCollection?

Regards
Peter Burkert

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Query 1: change interval and update immediately

We are glad to inform you that we have fixed this issue and taken a patch dll for the same. You can download the patch dll from the below link.

Installation directions:

The patch dll should replace the dll "Syncfusion.SfChart.WinRT.dll" under the following folders

Eg :

$systemdrive:\ProgramFiles\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\11.2.0.25\Assemblies for WinRT\

$systemdrive:\ProgramFiles\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\11.2.0.25\SDK\References\CommonConfigurationeutral

This fix will be included in our next upcoming main release which will be available in August.

Query 2: when using itemsSource = some ObservableCollection, which already contains elements, then those are not plotted

We have analyzed the reported issue. We are not able to reproduce the issue with our sample. Can you please check with the sample in the following location? If you still face the problem, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Please find the sample and Chart DLL in the following location.

Regards,

Karthikeyan V.

SfChartDatetimeInterval1_72e80371.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon