We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom Node, with Windows Form Control

Hi,

I can see the following from the installed and online documentation

"The Node is a base object on the diagram that can represent shapes, connectors, images, text box, and Windows Forms controls."

I would like to design a Node with a DataGridView in it? For example like a Database Diagram where you have the column  name and type, and I should be able to link to other such DataGridView nodes representing the primary and foreign key relationships. I hope I have made it clear, can you please let me know how this can be done, although I can see from the API that the BitmapNode does similar thing, but there is no clear information on what methods/properties to override, etc., 

Your quick response and help on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Velu

5 Replies

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team May 20, 2013 11:24 AM UTC

Hi Velu,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to use the Diagram’s ‘ControlNode’ to host the Windows controls (DataGridView) in it. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve your requirement.

Here is the code:

[C#]

DataGridView gridView = new DataGridView();

gridView.Size = new Size(300, 300);

gridView.DataSource = table;

ControlNode cnode = new ControlNode(gridView, new RectangleF(50, 100, 300, 300));

cnode.ActivateStyle = ActivateStyle.ClickPassThrough;

diagram1.Model.AppendChild(cnode);

Please refer the attached sample and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

F108767_2304f280.zip

VM Velu Mani June 10, 2013 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Amsath Ali,

Apologies, as there was no answer for 10 days, I did not check it for a few days and when I checked it now, I found your answer. Thanks for your answer. But I cannot download the attachment and it keeps saying 404 File Not Found, can you please re-attach the file, so that I can have a look.

Thanks,
Velu

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team June 11, 2013 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Velu,

Thanks for your update.

We have uploaded the sample once again in our server and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

Please try the sample and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

F108767_6081015c.zip

VM Velu Mani June 11, 2013 06:30 AM UTC

Thanks Amsath Ali, I have download it. Will have a look and let you know if I need further information.

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team June 14, 2013 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Velu,

Thanks for your update.

Please get back to us if you need further assistance

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon