We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Where are removed columns stored?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

108618 May 2,2013 07:40 AM May 8,2013 06:14 AM WPF 2
Tags: GridControl
Brian Harkness
Asked On May 2, 2013 07:40 AM

Hi,

I would like to save the settings after a user selects which columns to display using the column chooser dialog, however I can't use the built in method to serialize the grid settings as restoring these will cause any column bindings to be lost (I have already reported this issue).  So I currently persist the sort order myself, and now would like to do the same for the removed columns, but I can't find where this info is stored!  The sorted columns can be found in the SortColumns property of the grid, but where can I find the removed columns?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Harkness
Replied On May 3, 2013 05:14 AM

I found the answer myself, they are stored in the ColumnChooserColumns member of the grid. Unfortunately this is a private field, but I have got around this by using reflection and have managed to save/restore the settings as I wanted.

Brian

Gobinath A [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 8, 2013 06:14 AM

Hi Brian,

We are glad to know the issue is resolved.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Gobinath A.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;