We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DiagramControl performance

I have a model that contains 900 nodes, each node has a port.All nodes are connected to one or two other nodes using connectors (about 900 connectors).

The problem is the performance. It takes about 400 milliseconds to add all objects to the model, but it takes over 50 seconds before the it presented on the screen.

Any ideas anyone?

3 Replies

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team April 22, 2013 04:36 AM UTC

Hi Svein,

We can increase the performance by enabling the EnableVirtualization property of the diagram view When the number of Nodes & Line Connectors are high. So, please enable the EnableVirtualization property of the diagram view to increase the performance of the diagram.  

Concept of Virtualization :

Virtualization is to load the diagram page elements that are available in the visible area of the diagram control, rest of the diagram will not be loaded until they come into the view port. Please refer the following code snippet to use enable Virtualization property of the diagram view.

Code Snippet :

diagramView1.EnableVirtualization = true;

For more information about the Virtualization, please refer our Syncfusion online documentation from the below link.

Documentation Link : http://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/diagram

Here navigate to Concepts and Features à  Diagram View à Virtualization for DiagramControl.  

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

SE Svein Erik Hopen April 22, 2013 08:18 AM UTC

The EnableVirtualization property helps a little, but it is not sufficient.

1. Default behaviour of my application is to show the entire diagram, therefore EnableVirtualization will have no impact on performance.
  2. When some parts of the diagram was outside the visible area, the performance was still not good enough.

The application I am working on exists as an Windows Form application. It is using Northwood GoDiagram and the diagrams are presented in 2-3 seconds. We want to use the Syncfusion diagram, because it is our preferred library (we are using its UI Controls, Charts, Excel/PDF libraries and so on).

Is my model as a large model? Could I export the data in some format for you to reproduce the scenario?

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team April 25, 2013 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Svein,

We have created a sample with 1000 Nodes and Connectors, this diagram rendering within 20-30 seconds. For more information please refer the attached sample. If the attached sample is not enough to meet your requirement. Please modify the sample and revert back to us. We will try to optimize your sample.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

LargeDiagram_da263205.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon