We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

View PDF File

Is there a way to view a PDF file inside my app?

4 Replies

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team April 9, 2013 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Currently we do not have this support. We will consider this requirement  as feature request and will implement in any of our upcoming Orubase releases. We would request you to visit our website periodically for feature updates.

Please let us know if you have any queries

Regards,

Ponmalar P

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 10, 2013 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Timo,

Ponmalar has responded on the basis of considering the Orubase Mobile MVC/HTML based controls/components alone that displaying a PDF file is not possible.

However, Orubase can also utilize the ASP.NET MVC based components and it will be possible to display PDF documents within the app using our PDF Viewer for ASP.NET MVC. It will also help if you can provide more details about your requirement so that we can provide any other possible solutions.

Thanks,

Davis

TR Timo Richter April 15, 2013 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Davis,

Thank you for your answer. I'm building an application for android tablet devices. There is a need for display PDF files inside my application instantly after tab on a link. I played with Google viewer to implement requirement. But due to security consideration our customer wants another solution. Is there a demo for use the PDF viewer MVC control with orubase. I've tried it, but there were gray stripe beside the document. I need to fit the document to the (anyway small) screen size. 

Thank you for your help,
Timo

TH Thivya Syncfusion Team April 17, 2013 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Timo,

We have analyzed your requirement by rendering the PDF viewer in Orubase application. As per our initial analysis we are not able to able to scroll the PDF document since default scrolling prevents PDF viewer from scrolling the document. Also we are facing some css overriding issues.

We will analyze further and let you know about the fix for the mentioned issue asap. Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Thivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon