We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF, Excel, Powerpoint Reader Control

I just started to try Syncfusion Windows RT Controls,

and inside of sample controls, I have a DOC reader, but I don't see PDF, Excel, Powerpoint Reader controls.

Is there any possibility to read directly these type of files in an app with Syncfusion Windows RT Controls?

Thanks.

Taejun

1 Reply

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team April 2, 2013 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Taejun,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regarding read PDF files in Windows Store apps:
At this moment we do not have any UI control to view PDF files in Windows Store apps. Pdf viewer control is in our plan, but we cannot able to provide any concrete timeline for its availability.
We have a class library for creating and manipulating Pdf files in non UI environment; kindly make use of it, if it fits for your requirement.

Regarding read Excel documents in Windows Store apps:

At this moment we do not have any UI control to read Excel documents in Windows Store apps. We have a class library for creating and manipulating Excel files in non UI environment; kindly make use of it, if it fits for your requirement.

Regarding read PowerPoint documents in Windows Store apps:
At this moment we do not have support for any library or UI control to create/edit PowerPoint documents similar to MS PowerPoint.

For more information regarding the functionalities of DocIO, RichTextBoxAdv, PDF and XlsIO please do refer our UG documentation from the following link.

UG Documentation link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/winrt

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Gunasekaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon