We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

After Adding New Row, force it to commit

I am using the Syncfusion DataGrid. It has an empty row at the top to Add New Records. If I add a new record and then click on another row, it WILL save it. If I click away from the grid after adding a new record, it will not save.

I need the code that will force the datagrid to commit that new row that was created without forcing my users to click on another row or even expecting them to hit enter.

I want to programmtically force the grid to save the new row.

Thanks!

3 Replies

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team May 14, 2013 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the patience.

We have analyzed your query and we have achieve your requirement by using the following code snippet.

Code Snippet[C#]:

this.AssociatedObject.CurrentCellChanged += new Syncfusion.Windows.ComponentModel.GridRoutedEventHandler(AssociatedObject_CurrentCellChanged);
void AssociatedObject_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.ComponentModel.SyncfusionRoutedEventArgs args)
{
    int rowindex = this.AssociatedObject.Model.CurrencyManager.CurrentCell.RowIndex;
    int columnindex = this.AssociatedObject.Model.CurrencyManager.CurrentCell.ColumnIndex;
    var style = this.AssociatedObject.Model[rowindex, columnindex] as GridDataStyleInfo;
    if (style.CellIdentity.TableCellType == GridDataTableCellType.AddNewRecordCell && columnindex == this.AssociatedObject.Model.ColumnCount - 1)
    {
        //you can commit the added new record by using the following code snippet
        if (this.AssociatedObject.Model.CurrencyManager != null)
            this.AssociatedObject.Model.CurrencyManager.EndEdit();
    }            
}

For your reference we have prepared a sample based on this and it can be download from the following location.

Sample Location: GridDataControl_AddNewRow.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards.,

Rajasekar

AR Arlvin February 23, 2021 05:23 PM UTC

This does not seem to work with the current version of the controls. Could you provide an updated solution.

BT Balamurugan Thirumalaikumar Syncfusion Team February 24, 2021 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Arlvin, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have check the previous updates of this thread which used GridDataControl. Can you please get back us with which control currently you are using and exact query of yours. so that, we could analyse further to provide you a better solution at the earliest. 

Please let us know if you would require any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Balamurugan Thirumalaikumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon