We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownDataSource not available

Hi, I am trying to reproduce a smaple using the Grid, following these code:

<%=Html.Syncfusion().Grid<EditableOrder>("Grid1")

.Datasource(Model)

.Caption("Orders")

.Column(column =>

{

column.Add(p => p.OrderID).HeaderText("Order ID");

column.Add(p => p.EmployeeID).HeaderText("Employee ID");

column.Add(p => p.CustomerID).HeaderText("Customer ID")

.CellEditType(CellEditType.DropdownEdit)                           .DropDownDataSource

but when I write DropDownDataSource nothing happens, I mean no intelissence for this, Am i forgetting to reference a class on using section, what namespace is for this option.

Hope you can help me , thanks

NOTE: I already reference all dll from syncfusion , or if there is aspecific dll or namespace on using section, would be great if you can tell me.

thanks in advance

1 Reply

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team March 21, 2013 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Joel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

# We don’t need to add any specific dll to use DropDownDataSource Property. The following are the basic assemblies need to be referenced in your application in order to use Essential Grid for ASP.NET MVC.

•Syncfusion.Core.dll

•Syncfusion.Grid.Mvc.dll

•Syncfusion.Linq.Base.dll

•Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc.dll

•Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll

•Syncfusion.XlsIO.Mvc.dll                           

•Syncfusion.Theme.Base.dll

# If you are using Razor application , then assemblies should be added in  Views/Web.config file. Please refer to the following code snippets:

[Views/Web.config]

<system.web.webPages.razor>
    . . .. . 
        <add namespace="Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared"/>
        <add namespace="Syncfusion.Mvc.Grid"/>
. . . .
  </system.web.webPages.razor>

# We have included the DropDownDataSource feature support for Grid [ASP.Net MVC] control in our Essential Studio Volume 1 release , 2013(Version - 11.1.0.21).

We have prepared the sample for your reference and the same can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/105889/DropDown-1624742453.zip

Also , we would request you to check the following online UG link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/grid/default.htm#!documents/425databindingsupportfordropdownlistsincolumns.htm

Please try this and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Eswari S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon