We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Gantt Resource View

Hi,

I interest on Gantt  controll and have some questions

1) is there are any way to Show only the particular month in Gantt chart.
2) is there are any way to show alert message before drag and drop the task node in Gantt Chart.
3) is there any way to move (drag) resource 1 to resource 2, now only datewise is available..

i am waiting for your reply,

10 Replies

RA Riyaj Ahamed I Syncfusion Team March 19, 2013 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Chandru,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Please find the response for your queries below,

S. No

Query

Comments

Is there are any way to Show only the particular month in Gantt chart.

You can achieve this by setting particular month data as ItemsSource for GanttControl.

Is there are any way to show alert message before drag and drop the task node in Gantt Chart.

By using NodeDragDelta and NodeResizingDelta events you can achieve this requirement.

Is there any way to move (drag) resource 1 to resource 2, now only datewise is available..

As of now we do not have the support to move node from resource 1 to resource 2.  Please create a new incident for this feature request through DirectTrac system for further technical updates related to this feature.

Direct Trac Link : https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

CH chandru March 22, 2013 04:53 AM UTC

Thanks for the reply....

Can you please send some sample code for this....

CH chandru April 2, 2013 05:55 AM UTC

Hi...

How to use the NodeDragDelta and NodeResizingDelta events,

I want to avoid overlapping of task in Resource view gantt...

if you have any sample code,

send it...please

RA Riyaj Ahamed I Syncfusion Team April 2, 2013 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Chandru,

We have created a sample to prevent the overlapping of nodes while dragging and resizing the nodes. Please check the sample from the following link,

Sample: Preventoverlapping.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

CH chandru April 2, 2013 09:16 AM UTC

Hi..

Thank you, Thank you so much..

This is what we are expecting exactly....

and one more thing we are expecting from your end, that Gantt Grid shows the default Headers like (TaskName, Start, Finish...  instead of this we should display only one Header that may be Task Name or Custom Header..

is it possible to do this....

RA Riyaj Ahamed I Syncfusion Team April 2, 2013 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Chandru,

Yes, this is possible with our GanttControl. Please refer the following links to achieve this requirement,

UG Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/gantt/default.htm#!documents/howtoincludecustomco.htm

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/gantt/default.htm#!documents/howtocustomizetheexistingcolumns.htm

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

LO Louis replied to Riyaj Ahamed I September 25, 2017 08:01 PM UTC

Hi Chandru,

We have created a sample to prevent the overlapping of nodes while dragging and resizing the nodes. Please check the sample from the following link,

Sample: Preventoverlapping.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

Hi,

I need this too. Avoid overlapping between task trough NodeDragDelta and Resizing but within MVVM?

It is possible?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Louis

VR Vignesh Ramesh Syncfusion Team September 26, 2017 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Louis, 

Currently, we are not having command support to detect the interaction in the Gantt chart. We have achieved your requirement by having the GanttControl in the ViewModel. 

Please find the demo sample from the below link. 

Regards, 
Vignesh R. 

LO Louis replied to Vignesh Ramesh October 1, 2017 07:24 PM UTC

Hi Louis, 

Currently, we are not having command support to detect the interaction in the Gantt chart. We have achieved your requirement by having the GanttControl in the ViewModel. 

Please find the demo sample from the below link. 

Regards, 
Vignesh R. 

Hi Riyaj,

thank for your support. I did some more investigation to keep my model view model. 

I think I found a way to do that (with mvvmlight from galasoft, Laurent Bugnion - http://www.mvvmlight.net, based on an EventArgsConverter ) I you want I can send you my code if you want to publish it in your forum, it can help perhaps some people:

Regards

Louis

SG Sridharan Gajendran Syncfusion Team October 3, 2017 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Louis, 

Thanks for your interest and for the benefit of other users you can share the code in this forum. 

Regards, 
Sridharan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon