1. In Model-based selection, you will be able to select cell ranges; but the selections will have no knowledge of nested tables, grouping or sorting and hence the functionality is limited like a data bound grid (GridData control).
2. To use the model selection capability, set AllowSelections to any flag except none.
3. Selection can be made through keyboard and mouse.
• Record-Based Selection
1. It is designed specifically for the data bound grids.
2. In Record-based selection, the complete grid records (rows) will be selected and these selections function properly with nested tables, sorting, and so on.
3. To use the record selections, you must set AllowSelections to none and then set ListBoxSelectionMode to any flag except none.
4. Selection can be made through keyboard and mouse with some restriction. For more details, see Record-based Selection in this topic.