We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual Grid and Covered Ranges object shows nothing when using QueryCoveredRange

I'm handling the QueryCoveredRange method like so where topRowIndex, bottomRowIndex are valid values.

e.Range = GridRangeInfo.Cells(topRowIndex, e.ColIndex, bottomRowIndex, e.ColIndex);
e.Handled = true;

When the grid is displayed everything looks great:
http://prntscr.com/w2awz

I'm also handling the TableControlCellClick event and making a call to see if the clicked row crosses any of the covered ranges like so:

if (grd.TableModel.CoveredRanges.Ranges.AnyRangeIntersects(GridRangeInfo.Row(e.Inner.RowIndex)))

The problem is, the CoveredRanges.Ranges.Count is always 0.  The only way I've seen the CoveredRanges object populated correctly is if I manually add the ranges after binding the data instead of using the QueryCoveredRanges method.

Since there can be thousands of records we must take advantage of the QueryCoveredRanges call.

Has anyone ran across this and/or know what to do to help!?

Thanks,
-jv

2 Replies

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team March 13, 2013 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Cristiano Venancio Conte,

Thanks for your update.

We have analyzed your query with the different scenarios to freeze the row  in Grid Grouping Control. Currently we don’t have any direct support to freeze the rows in GGC. but you can implement the tree grid in Grid control and you can freeze the rows instead of GGC.  Please refer the below code.

this.gridControl1.Cols.FreezeRange(1, 8);

int frozencolumn = this.gridControl1.Cols.FrozenCount;

this.gridControl1.Rows.FrozenCount = 0;

this.gridControl1.Rows.FrozenCount = 1;

this.gridControl1.Cols.FrozenCount = frozencolumn;

this.gridControl1.Refresh();

Here is the new sample for this implementation.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vinish

simpleSample619000711_a31aa28b.zip

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team March 13, 2013 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Jeff Voigt,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Please ignore the previous update, I have posted that response by my mistake.

We have analyzed your query with provided result. The all cover range issue are resolve in our current Syncfusion essential studio version 11.1.0.21. I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue in our end with the provided details and screen shot. I have tried to prepare the sample with the help of the screen shot. But I am not able to reproduce the issue in our end.

Please provide any simple sample and replication procedure to reproduce the issue in our end. It will use to us to resolve the issue if have and able to provide response quickly.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vinish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon