We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Warning messages

I am using beta 2.0.2.1. I am following the CellButtons example to do drag & drop and I run into a problem when I use TlbExp.exe to export a TLB for a C++ object to import the type library and call methods in the .NET control. I am able to import the tlb before I added the DragButton.cs sample code to my control. After I added the sample code, I am unable to import the tlb any more. Here is the warning message. ------------------------------------------------- Build complete -- 0 errors, 0 warnings Building satellite assemblies... Performing Post-Build Event... Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly to Type Library Converter 1.1.4322.573 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.INeedKeyboardMessages.KeyboardMessage(m), Syncfusion.Shared''. Warning: Non COM visible value type System.Windows.Forms.Message is being referenced either from the type currently being exported or from one of its base types. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.INeedMouseMoveMessages.MouseMessage(m), Syncfusion.Shared''. Warning: Non COM visible value type System.Windows.Forms.Message is being referenced either from the type currently being exported or from one of its base types. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.BorderColors.clrLeft, Syncfusion.Shared''. Warning: The public struct contains one or more non-public fields. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Win32.RegistryEntry.registrySubKey, Syncfusion.Shared''. Warning: The public struct contains one or more non-public fields. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Win32.RegistryEntry.registryKey, Syncfusion.Shared''. Warning: Reference types in structs need [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Interface)]. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Insets.left, Syncfusion.Shared''. Warning: The public struct contains one or more non-public fields. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.IScrollBarFrame.IsActive(sbType), Syncfusion.Shared''. Warning: Non COM visible value type System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBars is being referenced either from the type currently being exported or from one of its base types. Type library exporter warning processing ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellPos._rowNumber, Syncfusion.Grid''. Warning: The public struct contains one or more non-public fields. Assembly exported to D:\snapshots\pchuong.joule.ss\go-ccs\Joule\RegisterWindowModule\RegisterWindowBin\Debug\RegisterWindowUserCtrl.tlb

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2004 10:02 PM UTC

Before you added the CellButtons code, were you also using 2.0.2.1? The cellbuttons code adds a bitmap as an embedded resource. Maybe this is causing the tool to fail. Normally, I would think you could just ignore such warnings as the warnings are about structures intended only for internal use. We only had to make the structs public because the tools dll needs to access them in shared. But outsiders should not use those interfaces.

PA Patrick February 12, 2004 02:18 PM UTC

I was using the same version. I am able to work around this problem by pulling out the interface into a separate DLL. --------------- After I do that I ran into another problem. I basically copy & pasted the DragButton code into my component. I have a virtual grid, so I set the CellType to "DragButton" in the QueryCellInfo handler. When I drag the button in the grid, than there is an exception raised in the grid.dll. This exception is caused on line Grid.Model[_mouseOverRange.Top, _mouseOverRange.Left].Interior = interiorBrush; in the DragButton.cs file. Is this a bug in the grid.dll or it is a client code bug?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2004 03:35 PM UTC

I do not know. To answer the question will probably require using a debug build of our libraries, getting the callstack at the exception and checking the values of the variables involved, where and how any bad values were set. Can you reproduce the probelm in the CellButtons sample? If the row and column has some weird values, are you using multithreads for anything? If so, are you protecting calls into the grid with grid.InvokeRequired checks? If you can post a sample showing the problem, we can try to spot something here.

PA Patrick February 12, 2004 04:38 PM UTC

I can''t reproduce the problem with the sample. I am not using multithreads. I have attached the callstack. I am affraid that I can''t post my code sample on this forum due to the company policy. We can try to work this out in a secure environment. I hope the callstack will lead you to finding the issue. Callstack_2801.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2004 05:54 PM UTC

Line 91 in the CellButtons code I have currently is a commented out // Set_mouseDown(ht, true); What is it in your code?

PA Patrick February 12, 2004 06:15 PM UTC

me too.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon