We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

App package size after using Syncfusion WinRT Controls

Hello

i observed that after adding ref to "Syncfusion Controls for WinRT XAML" package size of my App got increased.

I created one sample App and without adding any code or controls i created a package.  the size of package was 41 KB (ref attached snaps  version 1.0.0.0 is without syncfusion control)

then i added ref to Syncfusion Control from add ref window. and again without adding any code or control i created package. now it become a huge package of 6443 KB.

Can you please suggestion some good solution for this issue. is there any way i can add Ref. to only selected control (e.g TabControl) or controls which are required ?

Syncfusion App Size issue_92f4aa71.zip

8 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team March 7, 2013 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Mahesh,

By default when a ‘Syncfusion Controls for WinRT XAML’ extension reference is added, all the assemblies referred by this extension will be included when ‘creating app package’ for your application. To overcome this problem, please add assembly reference instead of extension.

Please refer to the Syncfusion assemblies from the following link.

Link: $system drive: \Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.1.0.21\Assemblies for WinRT\

We have provided the sample with assembly reference(for TabControl) for your reference. Please refer to the sample from the following attachment.

Please let us if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Ramya

107547AppSize_4c32cc8e.zip

MM Mahesh Mitkari March 7, 2013 11:29 AM UTC

thanks for response, i found it and used same method.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team March 11, 2013 05:29 AM UTC

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know if you have concerns.
Regards,
Ramya

TM Thierry Maurel November 29, 2013 09:55 AM UTC

Hello,

I use some of your components from Syncfusion WinRT package, and my problem is the same about the size when I just include Syncfusion Controls for WinRT XAML.

In my application, I use the Chart component, but when I add reference to "Syncfusion.SfChart.WinRT", and in the Xaml xmlns:chart="using:Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts", the compiler says that 'SfChart' doen't exist in the namespace...

Can you explain to me exactly what references and using I need ?

I have the same problem for the Grid.

Regards

Thierry

for info, the zip provided in your previous answer isn't available (access denied)

TM Thierry Maurel November 29, 2013 10:19 AM UTC

Ok, forgot my demand, this was a problem in my code... Everything works fine now.

Regards,

Thierry

TM Thierry Maurel November 29, 2013 10:40 AM UTC

Hello,

I have another problem, with the generic.xaml files from the themes, when I include reference to the dlls directly and not with the complete package.

It appears that the generic.xaml files aren't copied to the subdirectories themes. 

What are the actions to avoid that error ?

Erreur 51      APPX0702 : Le fichier de charge utile 'E:\SmartRep\Dev\SmartRep\2.Client\WinRT\Moovapps.SmartRep.UILogic\bin\x86\Release\Syncfusion.SfShared.WinRT\Themes\generic.xaml' n'existe pas.          Moovapps.SmartRep

Regards

Thierry

TM Thierry Maurel November 29, 2013 02:07 PM UTC

Some precision to my precedent post :

- in the main project (.exe), adding a reference to the syncfusion's dlls works, no problem for compilation

- in a dll of the main project, which need to use a grid object, the simple addition of the dlls in the reference's list of the dll's project seems not a complete solution, there is some lack of files, all are generic.xaml contained in the syncfusion subdirectories.

The error is "Error APPX0702, Payload file 'E:\SmartRep\Dev\SmartRep\2.Client\WinRT\Moovapps.SmartRep.UILogic\bin\x86\Debug\Syncfusion.SfGrid.WinRT\Control\DetailsView\Themes\Generic.xaml' does not exist", this for 11 files (I use SfGrid and SfChart)

Workaround : I can add the files with their directories as children of my /x86/Release/ ou Debug directories, but it's not a solution when I need to delete or regenerate the solution from scratch. This is not a solution too when using team software like TFS.

Do you know another method to assure a complete compilation of my dll ?

Regards

Thierry

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team December 5, 2013 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed and tested the reported issue in the version 11.3.0.33, but we  are unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with the replication procedure? And please share the details for using the version with us. This would be helpful for us to serve you.

Sample: WinRTGridSample.zip

The Generic.xaml file is also available  in the bin\Debug\AppX\Syncfusion.SfGrid.WinRT\Control\DetailsView\Themes location. The following screen shot to illustrate this,

Screenshot: Screenshot.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon