We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chart has no DataPoints ?

Hello,

I just wanted to add a differen color to a part of a chart with XLSIO.
The chart is created an filled with data without any problem. But if I try to set the color the chart remains on the standard-color.

So I found out that the chartserie has no datapoints in its collection.

This is the code I use:

Dim chart As IChartShape = xlsheet.Charts.Add()

chart.TopRow = xlsheet.Range("IssueStats").Row
                    chart.BottomRow = xlsheet.Range("IssueStats").Row + 18
                    chart.LeftColumn = xlsheet.Range("IssueStats").Column
                    chart.RightColumn = xlsheet.Range("IssueStats").Column + 13

chart.DataRange = Workbook.Worksheets("Infos").Range(Workbook.Worksheets("Infos").Range("IssueTypes").Row, 1, lastDataRow, 2)
                    chart.IsSeriesInRows = False
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints.DefaultDataPoint.DataLabels.Position = ExcelDataLabelPosition.Outside
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints.DefaultDataPoint.DataLabels.IsValue = True
                    chart.HasLegend = False

'Farben setzen:
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(1).DataFormat.Fill.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Black
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(2).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColor = Drawing.Color.Black

Does anyone has an idea why the color can't be set ?

Thanks & Regards
Ralf

9 Replies

JM Johnson Monohar M Syncfusion Team March 7, 2013 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Ralf Steigele,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

It is possible to set colors for data labels with the following code snippet. Kindly follow the code snippets and let us know if it meets your requirement.

Dim chart As IChart = workbook.Charts(0)

chart.Series(0).DataPoints(0).DataLabels.Color = ExcelKnownColors.Red

chart.Series(0).DataPoints(1).DataLabels.Color = ExcelKnownColors.Green

chart.Series(0).DataPoints(2).DataLabels.Color = ExcelKnownColors.Blue

chart.Series(0).DataPoints(3).DataLabels.Color = ExcelKnownColors.Yellow

We have also provided a sample to illustrate this, which can be downloaded from the following link.

Sample Link : ChartDataPoints.zip

RS Ralf Stiegele March 7, 2013 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Johnson Monohar,

thank you for your advise. But I don't want to colour the datalabels I want to color the bars of the chart itself.

If I set it with:
chart.Series(0).DataPoints.DefaultDataPoint.DataFormat.Fill.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Red
all bars a coloured in red.

But I want them to have in different color like:
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(0).DataFormat.Fill.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Red
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(1).DataFormat.Fill.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(2).DataFormat.Fill.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Green
(But this doesn't change any colour - and I don't get it why)

RS Ralf Stiegele March 7, 2013 08:53 AM UTC

I uploaded a picture fo the result I expect:

http://www7.pic-upload.de/07.03.13/kqau7mjotlvw.jpg

JM Johnson Monohar M Syncfusion Team March 11, 2013 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Ralf Steigele,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The "BackColor" property doesn't apply in datapoints. To apply custom color to the data points, kindly follow the below code snippets.

chart.Series(0).DataPoints(0).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.Red
      chart.Series(0).DataPoints(1).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.Orange
      chart.Series(0).DataPoints(2).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.Tan
      chart.Series(0).DataPoints(3).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.Green

The output of the above code is shown in the below image.

Kindly apply the mentioned code snippets in your code and let us know if the provided solution helps.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Thanks,
Johnson

RS Ralf Stiegele March 11, 2013 09:28 AM UTC

Hello,

after adding the code to my solution the colour still doesn't change (remains default)

I also tried the ForeColor-Property - See the code I used:
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(0).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(1).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.Black
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(2).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red
                    chart.Series(0).DataPoints(3).DataFormat.Fill.ForeColorIndex = ExcelKnownColors.Black

But I still have the default colours set...

Regards 
Ralf

RS Ralf Stiegele March 11, 2013 10:38 AM UTC

Hello,

I think the problem is:  chart.IsSeriesInRows = False -> Because Excel doesn't seem to support different colours then.

(But you can set different colours in the Excel manually)

Regards

JM Johnson Monohar M Syncfusion Team March 12, 2013 04:26 AM UTC

Hi Ralf Steigele,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We are able to set colors to the series if IsSeriesInRows property is FALSE or TRUE. To investigate further on this, we request you to create a new incident regarding this and update us a modified sample along with any excel file if used in the sample to reproduce the issue. This will help us to provide you a better solution.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Thanks,
Johnson

RS Ralf Stiegele March 12, 2013 10:18 AM UTC

Hello,

I created a new Issue:

Regards
Ralf

JM Johnson Monohar M Syncfusion Team March 14, 2013 04:03 AM UTC

Hi Ralf Steigele,

Thank you for creating new incident regarding this.

Regards,
Johnson

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon