We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl JSON Paging with list of object

I have done many searchs without success in the samples, forum and knowledge base of how to use Ajax grid JSON Paging with object datasource returning of list of objects.

All samples are using LINQ.

I tried, based on these samples to use of list of objects but i received an error JQuery is undefinied.

I have a script reference to jquery-1.4.2.min.js in my page ( it works when i don't use paging but failed when i try to use  the JsonActionMapper ( public static IEnumerable JsonPaging(object GridJsonArgs))

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team March 8, 2013 04:53 PM UTC

Hi Cedric,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query: GridGroupingControl JSON Paging with list of object ?

We have prepared a simple sample for your requirement of Ajax Grid JSON paging with object datasource returning a list of objects and it is attached below. Please refer to it.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Rakesh D

Ajax_JSON_Paging_a19f6cb0.zip

CL Cédric Legrand March 11, 2013 09:32 AM UTC

Thanks a lot! It works now.

The issue was related to a script i did not add to my project.

I have still a small question, the JsonActionMapper ( i think, maybe i'm wrong ) is linked to one webmethod, in our case public static IEnumerable JsonPaging, but what will happend if we want to use paging, sorting and grouping at the same time?

Again thanks a lot for your very appreciated help.

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team March 14, 2013 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your update.

Query : Paging , sorting and Grouping in same AJAX Grid ?

You can perform paging, sorting and grouping operations in same AJAX grid by specifying the action  for handling those operations using “JsonActionMapper”. We have modified the sample for the above scenario and it is attached below. Please refer to it.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Rakesh D

Ajax_JSON Grid_c144f70.zip

CL Cédric Legrand March 18, 2013 08:59 AM UTC

Thank you , it helps me a lot in the process of understanding this new way of working with ajax grid.

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team March 19, 2013 02:55 AM UTC

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you have any other concerns so that we will be happy to help you out.

Regards,

Rakesh D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon