We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager: programmatically dock a new window inside a window in the DockingManager

Hello,

my problem is, that I want to have a specific alignment when I have for example four windows inside the docking manager. I want to have one on top left, the other one on top right and the bottom ones on bottom left and bottom right. But with SetSideInDockedMode() I can only choose Bottom,Top,Left and Right and combining bitwise (DockSide.Bottom | DockSide.Left) does not work. So is there a way to choose the Window inside the docking manager on which I want to dock or is there any other way to do this?

Maybe there is someone who can help me?

Thanks a lot!

3 Replies

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team March 7, 2013 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Jonas , 

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. 

Currently we don't have support for combining bitwise DockSide in SetSideInDockedMode .But we made a workaround(Sample) to meet your requirement .I have attached the sample as per your requirements in the following link. Please run the sample and let us know if it helps you. 

[sample link] 

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/105284/WpfApplication4-2010887973.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards, 

Berkunath A

WpfApplication4_48d47281.zip

JT Jonas Toemmler March 7, 2013 03:06 PM UTC

Hello Berkunath,

thank you for your response. This is really tricky to do a docking order for this. But there is missing that the windows should all be same sized and are covering the whole content of the DockingManager without such border in the middle. So that you can see the most of every window.

But instead of this, that was the clue I was locking for! Thanks!

BR Jonas

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team March 13, 2013 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for the update.

We can’t set the same size for all docked window while dock using SetSideInDockedMode. But we can  set the desired size for dockedwindow  by using the method  SetDesiredWidthInDockedMode()  and SetDesiredHeightInDockedMode(). I have attached the sample as per your requirement in the following link. Please run the sample and let us know if it helps you.

Sample :

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/105627/DockingManager193890885.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards, 
Berkunath A

DockingManager_aa465437.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon