We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

New row does not inserted to correct group at GridGroupingControl

I use GridGroupingControl (6.4.0.15) with rows grouped by some column. The problem is that on new record adding to bound Data source, the record does not shown in its relevant group. Instead of that, it is added to automatically created new group. Is there generic solution to cause the new record to be added to its proper group?

The workaround of using the whole grid Reinitialize() method is problematic. As this action will reset both record selection and groups expanded/collapsed information. Is there some C#  example for such info backing up and restoring?

8 Replies

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team March 4, 2013 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Moshe Ben-Zion,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query:

Insert new row.

I could not able to reproduce the reported problem. If you add a new record to a child group and bind it with a datsource then the new record will be binded to the child group. It seems you are using a older version that might also a problem for that, please provide me a reproduciable sample so that I will help you as soon as possible.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your query.

Regards,

Arun.

MB Moshe Ben-Zion March 4, 2013 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Arun,

My control is bound to some data source. The problem happens when new record is added to the data source. If the user does not use grouping at the control, the new record is added correctly to the control grid.

The problem occurs in cases that the user has decided to group grid rows by some column value (some record field). In this case, newly added record is not shown in its proper group (based on its grouping column). In this case new group is added into a grid, and new record is inserted to it. This new grid caption shows empty value for a grouping column, although newly added record has correct value at grouping column.

Unfortunately, I have problem meantime to bring some code snap.

Thanks,

Moshe

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team March 5, 2013 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the update.

It still could not able to reproduce the reported behavior. So I have prepared a sample. Please modify the following sample to reproduce the reported problem. So that I can help you get rid of this problem easily.

Regards,

Arun.

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team March 5, 2013 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the update.

It still could not able to reproduce the reported behavior. So I have prepared a sample. Please modify the following sample to reproduce the reported problem. So that I can help you get rid of this problem easily.

Regards,

Arun.

MB Moshe Ben-Zion March 6, 2013 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Arun,
Can you please guide me, How can I see your example?

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team March 6, 2013 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Moshe,

Sorry for the missed sample.

Please download the sample from the following link and let me know if you have any other concerns.

Sample Link : Grouping.zip

Regards,

Arun.

MB Moshe Ben-Zion March 12, 2013 07:54 AM UTC

Hi Arun,
Thanks for your assistance. I've found some problem in my property getter, that caused problems in grouping by it.

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team March 12, 2013 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Moshe Ben-Zion,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that the issue reported is resolved from your side. Please create a new incident or forum for any of your newer queries.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon