We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel Export (Unbound Fields)

Hello,

I have a Grid Grouping Control that has both bound, and unbound columns.  I am setting the values of the unbound columns in the RowDataBound event, and all is well.  Now I have a need to export the entire grid to Excel.  I am using the following code:

Dim excel As New GridExcelExport(Me.GridGroupingControl1, "C:\ReworkCost.xls", ConverterOptionsExt.Visible)
excel.ExportNestedTable = True
excel.Export()  

I have also tried "ConverterOptionsExt.All".  The problem is that the unbound cells are empty in the Excel Export.  I found a previous post on this subject at http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-aspnet/102027 where Syncfusion stated "We can only export the bound columns to the excel/word".  I am hoping that this is incorrect, or has changed since 2011.  What is the point of an export function, if it doesn't work 100%?

I need to export a grid to Excel with all of the data intact (both bound and unbound fields).

Visual Studio 2010
.NET Framework 4.0
Essential Studio 10.4.0.71
VB.Net Code behind

Thanks!

--Dale

1 Reply

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team February 27, 2013 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Dale,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to inherit the GridExcelExport class and override the CopyStyles method to achieve your requirement. Please refer to the code snippet below.

Public Class mycustomExport

Inherits GridExcelExport

Public Sub New(ByVal ggc As GridGroupingControlByVal fileName As String)

MyBase.New(ggc, fileName)

End Sub

Protected Overrides Sub CopyStyles(ByVal style As GridTableCellStyleInfoByVal rowIdx As IntegerByVal colIdx As Integer)

Dim range As IRange = Me.Sheet(rowIdx, colIdx)

If style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind = DisplayElementKind.Record AndAlso style.TableCellIdentity.Column.HeaderText = "TestCurrency" Then

Dim nTest As Double = 0.0

nTest = rowIdx + 1

Dim nPi As Double = nTest * Math.PI

range.Text = String.Format("{0:C}", nPi)

End If

End Sub

End Class

Sample link: sample.zip

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Ranjithkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon