We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPTaskBar Docking/Anchoring.

Hi I''ve got 3 Task Bar Boxes inside an XP Task Bar (of equal height). When the user collapses the top or middle one, i''d need the ones under it to be resized accordingly (so they get bigger & smaller, rather then being moved up and down). Is there a prefered way of managding this? Thanks Martin

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2004 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Martin, The main drawback in the above mentioned feature is as follows : When the lower XPTaskBarBox expands vertically to cover the space created by the collapsing upper XPTaskBarBox, it creates a huge blank space within the lower XPTaskBarBox. Our development team feels that this is not a very elegant way of designing a GUI. Also, the behavior of our control closely conforms to the behavior of Windows XP TaskBar and implementing the above mentioned feature would lead to inconsistency. Please let me know if you need any other information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2004 05:12 AM UTC

Guru I was thinking that it would act in a similar way to a splitter control, so when the box was contracted, the one under it would be either docked or anchored, so when the top box gets smaller (through collapsing), then the bottom box would get bigger. This would leave no huge blank spaces anywhere. Maybe adding some sort of docking property to the control would work? Thaks Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2004 03:43 PM UTC

Hi Martin, Thanks for your suggestion. Let me explain in detail what I meant blank spaces here. Please refer to the screenshot attached. I have created this screenshot using the XPTaskBarDemo sample. Since the upper XPTaskBarBox is collapsed, the lower one expands vertically to fill the space created. But in the process the it creates a huge empty portion in the lower half of the lower XPTaskBarBox as shown in the screenshot. We think this does not make it a very aesthetically pleasing UI, but please feel free to provide me with your inputs on this. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon