We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Splash panel - restore docking

Hello all,

I wanted to use Splash Panel as a draggable component outside the Windows Form. This is what I tried:

1. Placed a Splash Panel inside a Tab Page and set it visible and draggable. So far so good, it stays inside a page.

2. Initialized the panel as Me.SplashPanel2.ShowSplash(). Everything is fine, it pops-up outside the form and fully draggable.

3. Then I wanted to close it and place back to its dock page. If I close it as Me.SplashPanel2.HideSplash(), it disappears as an outer panel, but doesn't move back to the page. 

My question: how can I close a splash panel that was previously activated by ShowSplash and position it back to its original position at the docking container?

Thanks!

2 Replies

AG Andy Grau February 16, 2013 05:34 AM UTC

Actually, I resolved the issue. When a splash panel is opened by Me.SplashPanel2.ShowSplash(), it is removed from controls of the parent docking controls. To get it back, I simply added it to the docking control at the original location - something like

Me.TabPageAdv.Controls.Add(Me.SplashPanel2)
            Me.SplashPanel2.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(32, 39)

The only problem here is that if the splash panel is added to the docking control and splash is visible, it shows two identical panels - one docked to the parent control and one "frozen" outside the form.

CR Chandran R Syncfusion Team February 20, 2013 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

For the existence of two splash panels, you could hide the splash panel added to the docking manager, when the other panel is being shown outside the page the and make it visible when HideSplash is called. I suggest to handle the visibility the panel added by you in the docking manager.

Please let me know if this helps

Regards,

Chandran R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon