We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to make put any control in my asp.net Application

ASP.NET runtime error: The base class includes the field 'SFScriptManager1', but its type (Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Shared.SFScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Shared.SFScriptManager).

Im new to syncfusion and im working with the ASP.Net 4.0 on the trial period version
my company is in evaluation of the components I m getting the above error on very first page
I think we have to rethink about syncfusion

3 Replies

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team February 14, 2013 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Vishalshukla,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion forums.

From the error details provided by you, we suspect that there were conflicts between Syncfusion assemblies and .NET framework version. please refer Syncfusion assemblies v10.404.0.71 for .NET FrameWork 4 and v10.403.0.71 for .NET FrameWork 3.5. Also, the following assemblies should be referred to work with Tools controls,

Syncfusion.Core,

Syncfusion.Shared.Base,

Syncfusion.Shared.Web,

Syncfusion.Tools.Base,

Syncfusion.Tools.Web.

We have also prepared a simple sample which can be downloaded from the following link,

F107082.zip

Kindly try the sample.

Regards,

Varalakshmi

TB Timothy Bean March 27, 2015 07:01 PM UTC

I am having the same issues. Downloaded your example, same problem. Anytime I add any control I get the same error. Tried 4.0, 4.5, and 4.5.1 assemblies that I downloaded yesterday. Followed your getting started guide (You really should make that easier to find... seriously)

I have spent the whole day just trying to add a simple control to get started. Very disappointing to say the least. Only 28 days left in the evaluation. You should make your evals 60 or 90 days because it seems it will take a week to even get it started.

Any suggstions to get this going?

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team March 28, 2015 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Bean,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

As per the provided details the error reported may also arise if you have added AJAX Extension assembly references that mismatch with the referred assembly or if the version specified in the webconfig file varies. Please refer the solutions provided in the below general forums:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/582596/the-base-class-includes-the-field-scriptmanager1-but-its-type-system-web-ui

http://forums.asp.net/t/1396379.aspx

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Ezhil S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon