We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Just a regular ?

This question is somewhat representative of my overall frustration with Syncfusion's lack of 'overview' type documentation.  It seems there is plenty of really in depth stuff, but I keep finding myself googling things like "Getting started with syncfusion" and "Style Input Syncfusion".  That being said, if anyone has any great links to share to any documentation like this, it would be greatly apprecitated.

My real question is this:

When I want to use just a regular input field, but have it styled to match the SyncFusion theme, how do I accomplish that?

@Html.TextBox(myString)
and
            @Html.Syncfusion().MaskEditTextBox("myNewString")

Look quite different!  Am I just missing what I thought would be @HtmlSyncFusion().TextBox("MyString")?

Thanks for any insight you can provide, and again, if there are any tutorials or anything I'm missing that give a high-level overview of all that syncfusion (ASP MVC in particular) has to offer and how to use it, I would love that information.  If I spend another two hours going in circles in the documentation on their web site, I'll be asking for my money back pretty soon....  Thanks!

- Chris

3 Replies

ME Meena Syncfusion Team February 7, 2013 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion forums.

Currently, the Syncfusion components not have TextBox control. If your intention is to use to use Textbox with other Syncfusion components (say MaskEditTextBox) and if you want to style the textbox as same as Syncfusion component, we suggest you to customize the MVC Textbox with Syncfusion stylings. Please refer the below code snippet.

<code>

@Html.TextBox("myString", null , new { style = " border: 1px solid #6593CF; width:143px; height:19px;" })

// This textbox is customized as per Syncfusion Office2007Blue theme. This customization will vary based on different Syncfusion Theme.

</code>

We have also prepared a simple sample with Syncfusion MaskEditTextBox and MVC TextBox  and it can be downloaded from the below link.

Please refer the below online documentation link for more details on our MVC Tools controls.

http://help.syncfusion.com/asp.net%20mvc/

Also, we would like to let you know that we have a plan for revamping our documentation, so that the user can get clear knowledge about our controls and use them in an efficient way. We will implement this revamping in our upcoming release.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Meena

SyncfusionMVCApplication_8742e054.zip

CN Chris Neville February 15, 2013 02:03 PM UTC

Great, thanks for the response!

- Chris

ME Meena Syncfusion Team February 18, 2013 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.

Kindly get back to us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you out.

Regards,

Meena

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon