We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

HTML to PDF Metafile - FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

106816 Jan 28,2013 02:50 AM Jan 30,2013 05:39 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: PDF
Jimmy Escherich
Asked On January 28, 2013 02:50 AM

Hi

We are running this example http://asp.syncfusion.com/demos/reporting/pdf/Import%20and%20Export/HtmlToPdf/VB/Default.aspx
on our webserver. But the quality of the PDF is not good when we run it on our own server. 

I have added FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\. 

It is a windows 2008 server. It is a 64 bit server, but the site is running 32, so I also added FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\
IE9 is installed, and I have disabled "Safe browsing"

But it still seems like that it only can to Bitmap. 

I have attached the PDF it generates, even then I select "Metafile"

Thanks. 

Sample (30)_446c8b65.zip

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 30, 2013 05:39 AM

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

As per the MSDN, the FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI value should be set at in following setting:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Internet Explorer->Main->FeatureControl
HKEY_CURRENT_USER->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Internet Explorer->Main->FeatureControl

Could you please try to set the registry in both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER and let me know if you still reproduce the problem?

You can get more details on this from the following MSDN link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330732(v=vs.85).aspx#iviewobject_draw

Regards
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;