We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to set tooltip in GridGroupingControl [ASP.NET]?

For the life of me, I simply can't find anywhere to set a tooltip on a cell? This framework is starting to become less and less intuitive?

I simply want to apply a tooltip to the cell that displays 'DN' in the below; the tooltip should show the full value of 'DN'. How do I go about that?

- rest omitted-

GroupDropAreaText="Drag columns here" 
    ReCreateChildControls="True" DataSourceCachingMode="Session">
    <TableDescriptor AllowColumnResize="true" AllowFilter="true" AllowEdit="False" AllowNew="False">
        <Columns>
            <syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor AllowSort="true" MappingName="AccountName" HeaderText="Account Name">
                <GroupByOptions AllowExpressionFilter="False" ShowFilterStatusMessage="False" FilterStatusBarWidth="450"></GroupByOptions>
            </syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>

<syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor AllowSort="true" MappingName="DN" HeaderText="Full DN" Width="230">
                <GroupByOptions AllowExpressionFilter="False" ShowFilterStatusMessage="False" FilterStatusBarWidth="450"></GroupByOptions>
            </syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>

1 Reply

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team January 28, 2013 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Claus,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Your requirement of setting tooltip for a particular column can be achieved by handling QueryCellStyleInfo event. Please refer to the code snippet below.

[CS]

void GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)

{

if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.RecordFieldCell || e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType==GridTableCellType.AlternateRecordFieldCell )

{

if (e.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name == "Name")

{

e.Style.CellTipText = e.Style.CellValue.ToString(); 

}

}

}

Sample link: sample.zip

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Ranjithkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon