We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DiagramView "NodeDrop" event doesn't include position of the dropped node?

When handling the NodeDrop event the position of the node is set to 0,0

I was expecting it to tell me the position where it was dropped, is it supposed to?

Is there any way right after a user drops a node onto the diagram to know the position it has been placed at?

I looked in case there was a DropCompleted event of some sort but there isn't. Really need to be able to detect this right after dropping for a current project...

2 Replies

DH Daniel Harris January 20, 2013 11:14 PM UTC

I also checked the OffsetX and OffsetY properties and they are also set to zero at the point this event is fired...Any suggestions to find it, or at what point this value is set?

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team January 22, 2013 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

We can get the Position & OffsetX and Y values of the Node using the Node Loaded event. Please register the Loaded event to the Dropped Node in NodeDrop event of the Diagram View. We have created a simple sample for your reference. In that sample, the Message Box will show the Position & Offset X & Y values of the Node while drop the Node from SymbolPalette. For more information please refer the attached sample.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

GetThePositionAndOffsetValues_d184dc6.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon