We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Current row and selection behavior when databound grid is re-sorted

I am using GDBG 1.6.1.6 User has multi-select enabled. When I sort by clicking on a column header 1) all selections disappear without even firing Model.SelectionChanging (see GridDataBoundGrid.SortField) 2) current row is left at the same grid row index, it does not move to the new row location I understand that keeping track of resorted multiple selection is a hassle.For me it would be sufficient if events were fired before and after sort. 1) sort about to happen event to know that I have to save currently selected records 2) sort completed event where I could restore the multi-selection as needed. In addition selectionchanging definetely should be called when selection is being cleared by sort. I tried to open DirectTrac, but apparently web interface is broken.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2004 07:13 PM UTC

Hi Gene, I have updated your support incident regarding this issue. Please log on to the Direct-Trac to see the reply. Regards, Jay N

AA Alexander Arlievsky February 11, 2004 08:42 AM UTC

Hi, I have the same problem (using 1.6.1.6). What is the solution ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2004 09:56 AM UTC

One way to do this is to handle the sort yourself, saving what you want saved before the sort, and then restoring things after the sort. You can do this by turning off the default sorting, catching the doubleclick event, and doing the work in your handler. Here is a sample. 9172_2810.zip Another technique is to derive the grid and override SortColumn, and do things there like saving information, calling the baseclass, and then restoring the save information.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon