We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion Diagram invisible nodes?

I've got the latest 10.4.0.71 build.

Diagram bound to ObservableCollection<Node> is not rendering every Node properly!

Have bound WPF Diagram Model to an ObservableCollection<Node> on my view model.
I add a new Node to the collection via code.

It doesn't seem to appear but you can see its selector edge and ports if you select a range of the diagram. If I add several nodes quickly in succession, some become visible, some do not.

I'm using TableLayout and have even tried calling RefreshLayout() on that with no success.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

The diagram itself is being hosted in a UserControl inside a Syncfusion docked window.

syncfusion diagram invisible nodes_81a7111a.zip

3 Replies

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team January 16, 2013 05:35 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

We have analyzed your query, we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. However, we suspect that you haven’t specify the Shape of the Node while adding the Node to diagram. So please check that. Please refer the code snippet to specify the Shape of the Node.

Code Snippet :

Node node = new Node();

node.Shape = Shapes.Rectangle;  

If it doesn’t resolve your issue, please provide more information. It will be a great help for us if you provide us with a simple sample to reproduce the reported issue for better assistance.

Regards,

Sudhakar.C 

MB Mark Banks January 17, 2013 03:21 AM UTC

Hey Sudhakar,

I moved the DiagramModel and DiagramView into my ViewModel layer to remove binding to an intermediate collection which got me past the issue. But I think if you set up a example where you bind to an ObservableCollection<Node> property of a ViewModel, you'll get the same problem I experienced where some nodes appear and others don't if they are added through code.  I tried specifying different Node shapes both during constructor and after instantiation, neither resolved the problem.

I started working around it by re-binding the diagram to a List<Node> but it meant the layout had to be reset everytime a Node was added which was not practical.

So what Ive done now is move the DiagramModel and DiagramView back into my ViewModel to eliminate any intermediate binding issues (which works but not ideal) while you identify the problem?

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team January 18, 2013 09:19 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

We suspect that the Nodes are not rendered properly in the Diagram. There may be a rendering problem while binding the ObservableCollection<Node>.  So, please provide us a simple sample to reproduce the issue, it will be of great help for us to find the solution.  

Note : Please check if you have set the shape of the Node (or) you have set any customized shape to the Node.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon