We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hiding Multiple Rows in a Grid

Good Morning,

I am attempting to hide multiple rows in a grid and am experiencing a lot of performance issues when doing this. I am trying to hide all the rows in a grid (over 1000) and then add just a certain few when the grid refreshes. Currently I am using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl.HideRows.SetRange(startrow, endrow, true); 
This code seems to take a long time to hide all the rows in the grid and I was wondering if there is a known issue with this or a faster way to implement this idea.

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

4 Replies

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team January 8, 2013 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have analysed your Query. As you have mentioned that there occurs some performance issue when you hide a range of rows, you can make use of "UseOldHiddenScrollLogic" and set it to true or you can use :

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.EnableDoubleBufferSurface()

This will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Athiram S

BR Bryan Roberts January 8, 2013 02:22 PM UTC

Athiram S,

Thank you for your quick response regarding this issue. Are you suggesting that in add a call to EnableDoubleBufferSurface() before calling the HideRows.SetRange(). When I tried this it caused even more performance issues. 

Thank you,
Bryan R. 

BR Bryan Roberts January 8, 2013 03:28 PM UTC

I do not think I made my problem clear and I apologize for that. I am trying to hide 33,000+ rows in a grid. The method I initially used was HideRows.SetRange() then passed in the range of rows I wanted to hide. This method takes way to long and there is clearly a performance issue. There is no issue with scrolling just with the time it takes to hide all the rows in the grid. 

Thanks,
Bryan

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team January 14, 2013 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your update.

We have found the same query is posted by you in another on forum ticket also. Please refer that forum for further update. This will easy to handle the forum from our side and your side to keep follow up. Please refer that forum from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/106437/Hiding-Multiple-Rows-in-a-Grid

Thanks for your cooperation .

Regards,

Vinish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon