We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

IPivotField interface missing SortType

I have been trying out the Win RT XlsIO Beta.  While creating a pivot table I noticed that the pivot table sort order didn't match the source data (not sure why.. possible bug?).  I initially couldn't find a way to force a sort of the field either.

I cracked open the assembly with reflector and found that the IPivorField implementation PivotFieldImpl had the desired field.  I am now able to sort the field by doing a cast:

((Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.PivotTables.PivotFieldImpl)pivotTable.Fields[0]).SortType = PivotFieldSortType.Ascending;

1 Reply

MM Manikandan M Syncfusion Team January 3, 2013 06:06 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Sort order didn't match the source data in XlsIO:
We are afraid that we are not able to reproduce the issue "sort order didn't match the source data" from our side. We have created the simplified sample and have attached the same in the below link. Please make use of this and let us know if this helps you.

Sample link:PivotTable_WinRT.zip

If the above sample does not meet with scenario, please modify the above sample to reproduce the issue or create the simplified issue reproducing sample and update us. so that we could analysis further on this issue.

Property for SortType in IPivotField interface:
We currently have not exposed the SortType property of pivot field in XlsIO for testing purpose. We will expose this property in any of the upcoming release.

Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Manikandan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon