We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Data Row Drag and Drop

Hi,

I wish to get an example on how to implement grid data row drag and drop between two grids and how to change the data before drop.

thanks

Srečo

6 Replies

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team December 26, 2012 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Srecko, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have analayzed your query but we are not able to understand your exact requirement .So could you please share more details  like what scenorio  you need to change the data before drop. And also please confirm with us are you using GridControl or GridDataControl. That would be very helpful for us to further analysis to provide solution.

Regards,

Raja sekar.G

SV Srecko Vengar December 26, 2012 03:48 PM UTC

Hi

I am new with Syncfusion and have no project with your controls yet.

In my application I am currently using DataGrid and DataGridDragDropTarget controls from SL5 toolkit. I use the data from one grid and addig to another. For example, dragging items from Delivery Note datagrid and dropping to Invoice datagrid (header or detail). This is why I need some rework an check before source data are added to target. It is working now, however I am not satisfied with this solution completely.

Before I do a change to another control I wish to investigate DragDrop functionality using Syncfusion GridData control, however I have not found any example yet.

regards, Srečo

SV Srecko Vengar January 7, 2013 07:19 PM UTC

Hi,

could somebody give some hint using Drag and Drop from and to Silverlight GridData?

regards

Srečo

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team January 22, 2013 02:41 PM UTC

Hi  Srecko,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have prepared a simple  GridDataControl sample with Drag and Drop functionality and it can be download from the following location.

Sample Location: GridDataControl_SL.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Raja sekar.G

JS Jon Stonis October 23, 2013 10:18 AM UTC

Is this file still available?  When I click on the zip, I get an xml file with a message saying the key does not exist.

Thanks,

Jon Stonis

DA Divya A Syncfusion Team November 12, 2013 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Jon,

Sorry about the delay.

The file you are looking for is not available due to a server failure at one of our hosting sites. We are making every effort to retrieve this file and other files that are unavailable as a result of this outage. We regret this inconvenience.

But we have prepared a simple sample to perform Drag and drop in GridDataControl and attached it in the following location.

Please contact us for further assistance.

Regards,

Divya.

Grid_drag_and_drop_sample_SL_84547c56.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon